cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'No blank lines' - SMARTFORM Paragraph settings HELP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to smartforms. I'm creating an invoice using smartforms. In sapscript we have the ability to define a paragraph format as 'No blank lines' by checking the appropriate checkbox for that paragraph setting.

Where do I do this for paragraph formats in Style for Smartforms? Or do I do this somewhere else?

I've looked high and low and can't find it anywhere!

Any help would be appreciated in the form of reward points.

Thanks

Liam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see that this is not answered.

In the condition tab for each text element put the condition like wa_line1 NE SPACE.

It will supres the blank lines.

Regards,

Naresh

mark_kuehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Liam,

I have not been about to find a setting for 'No blank lines' in Smartforms or Smartstyle. The best option seems to be setting up variables for your text and filling them as needed. Also, an idea was suggested for building an internal table and filling in your data into the table and printing as needed.

For my requirement, setting up specific variables in the Global section worked perfectly. For example, I created variables G_ADD1_DESC and G_ADD2_DESC as Global data. In the Initialization section, I added the code below:

CLEAR: g_add1_desc,

g_add2_desc.

IF zvbdka-auart = 'Value1'.

g_add1_desc = 'Value1'.

ELSEIF zvbdka-auart = 'value2'.

g_add1_desc = 'Value2'.

ELSE.

g_add1_desc = 'Value1'.

g_add2_desc = 'Value2'.

ENDIF.

In the correct window, I reference both g_add1_desc and g_add2_desc. They only print if filled in.

Hope that helps.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested,you can use styles and then design the paragraph you want.Then give the style name in output options of the nodes in smartforms.

But have a look at output options of a text elemnt.There is a option called spacing.Just try maintaining it as 0.00.I hope you can find the same option in every node.Just try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately placing 0 line spacing would result in all subsequent lines writing over previous lines. Hence writing 5 lines would stilll end up with 1 line with all 5 lines written over it.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Liam

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try increasing the spacing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone else have any other options? Increasing line spacing only increases the space between lines. What I really need is to supress blank lines.

In other words assume I have the following:

&LINE1&

&LINE2&

&LINE3&

&LINE4&

where &LINE1& = 'A',

&LINE2& = 'B',

&LINE3& = 'C',

&LINE4& = 'D',

If &LINE3& does not contain any values I don't want to see:

A

B

<blank>

D

I want to see:

A

B

D

This is easily done in sapscript using paragraph formats checking option 'No blank lines'. However I can't find a similar option in SMARTFORMS.

Correct answers or helpful suggestions will be rewarded.

Thanks

Liam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you found any solution for this problem ?

I am also looking for the same option.

Actually there is a work around by using <i>if else</i> or using <i>Conditions tab</i> but then it becomes complicated and you have restructure the text nodes.

So plz revert back if you managed to find out any solution.

Thank you,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try with giving WHERE condition in ur LOOP u given on internal table .

i_tab-field NE ' '.

then it will not write those lines.

reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheng,

You goto transaction code SMARTSTYLES

there you will find three nodes at left hand side

right click on char or paragraph format and create nodes.

thats the way you have to create character format and paragraph format.

go back to smartforms

and use these formats inside text node in options tab.and give you styles name there.

Regards,

pankaj singh.

Reward points if helpful. thanx