cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Upgrade and Conversion from 4.6C to ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I will be managing a combined upgrade and conversion project from 4.6C to ECC6.0. After reading the CU&UC guide, I dont get the entire picture of what to do first and so on. Can someone elaborate on the technical roadmap or strategy? I also dont understand why we need the prepare system.

Thanks. Points will be awarded.

KH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KH,

We need the prepare system as UCCHECK tool is not available in 4.6C system, this is used to find out the unicode conversion impact analysis, so that if you have a sandbox system do the system copy and upgrade it to 4.7 or higher version (unicode enabled). then transport all customized reports and check which reports needs to undergo correction as many of them needs to fix against unicode conversion.

Once this is done you can proceed with the Comibined upgrade and unicode conevrsion, that means first upgrade it to ECC600 and then perfoem the unicode conversion.

do revert if have any doubt.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are planning to do the CU-UC process and we are having issues making the code unicode complaint as some of the syntax are not available in 4.6c.

Could you please let me know how you guys handled this?

THanks,

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

CU&UC is a project when you have 46C MDMP.

46C can't use unicode

and ECC6.0 can't use MDMP

So it´s necessary to do the CU&UC or 3 projects.

Regards,

Alfredo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH,

the prepare or sandbox system can be used to check the programs for unicode. So this should be a min. 6.20 non-unicode system, where you import your programs and chck them with uccheck. But this can also be done after upgrade in your DEV-system, before unicode conversion.

In general the roadmap would be:

Starting with upgade manual, make upgrade preparation and start Prepare. During Prepare UnicodePreconversionTools are imported and you have to make entries for your Transport of programs (if you have one).

After Prepare you start transaction SPUM4 and do all neccesary scans.

After this you can start your upgrade and finish it, including SPAU and perhaps UCCHECK.

Then go back to CUUC-guide and do the conversion, means export and import according to SystemCopyGuide.

In the unicode system you have to perform final activities. see CUUC guide.

And that's it.

HTH

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way, we are using blended code page 6200 in our system.