cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 problems with MDM import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two problems by using MDM import manager 5.5 SP4 to import customer information, I don't know if it can be solved by MDM.

1.In source file there is a field stores telephone number, while some data in soure file may contain more than one telephone number, for example:

(205) 592-9990 ext 102 (205) 592-9991 ,

Obviously these should be two numbers (205) 592-9990 ext 102 and (205) 592-9991, does anyboday know how to map this source value to 2 destination values?

2. I just want to load the customer datas which are located in american, does MDM import manager has the capbility to filter data by given some condition such as "where country = 'american'"?

thanks for your help!

regards,

Bin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer, but for the first problem what I want is not to put the 2 telephone number into different field but to make them as 2 data rows in destination, do you have any idea on that? thanks again!

Regards,

Bin

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

what do you mean with "2 data rows"? What does your destination look like? Is it a qualified look up table? Or a simple field?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

the source table is like this: for the field "telephone number" two numbers are in same data records:

telephone number

(205) 592-9990 ext 102 (205) 592-9991

with "2 data rows I mean" in destination table, it split into 2 data records under the same field "telephone number":

telephone number

(205) 592-9990 ext 102

(205) 592-9991

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

In a MDM repository you can have multiple values in a field only when the is looking up a flat or a qualified flat table. You need to set the Multivalued to Yes in the MDM Console.

If you want to use lookup tables, that would solve your problem. If you dont want to use lookup tables in your case, try storing them in a normal single valued field with a delimiter to separate the individual values.

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can split these values up in the mapping if you specify a delimiter. For example, if the source file uses a comma ( , ) so separate the values. Just make sure that you're not using a .CSV file or it will think you have more fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , that's solved my problem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

1. If your source files contains a unique delimiter between the multiple field values in your source field, you can use the "Split into multiple fields" functionality of the Import Manager. You've to do the following steps in the IM GUI:

- choose the source & destination table you want to map

- choose the field that contains multiple values in the source hierarchy

- right-click on the field: choose "set split delimiter -> split multiple fields"

- define your delimiter

- right-click on the field: chose "split into multiple fields"

- switch to the "map fields/values" tab -> you'll see two or more new fields that are the result of the split and contain exactly the different values without the delimiter. Of course you can now map this fields to different destination fields.

2. This is curerntly not possible with the Import Manager. You have to prepare your source file accordingly.

Kind regards

Michael