Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Barcode with all product details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello consultants,

My client has the following requirement:

The invoice slip is having the customer details and the amount due on him.

My client wants all the follofwing information of the invoise inside the barcode:

1.Business Partner No,

2.Business Partner Name,

3.Invoice Number,

4. Invoice Amount,

5. Due Date

till now, I know that barcodes can comprise a few alphabets and number. But all the above information can come in it if it is scanned to be read by a bar code reader, that I want to ask you. Please reply.

Thanking you,

Khalid Munir,

New Delhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all the said details can come in the barcode only thng is you need to check that the how many characters can accomidate or placed in the presentely used barcode and also waht is the total field lengthos aof all these fields.

You need to concatenate all these fields in to one variable (declare this variable to the total cumulative of all the used fields field). In case if the presentely used barcode cannot acomadate this total field length then you need to go for 2-dimentional barcode, which can take up to max to 250 characters.

Do let me know fi you need any more details in this regard.

Raghu.

If this serves you issue then allocate rewad points to my account Id.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The barcode scanner will be attached to your keyboard slot. When you scan the barcode, the scanner will feed in the text stream into the system. So where ever you have the cursor. It will just be filled. It can be into notepad, wordpad, address bar, or anywhere. A good Scanner read any kind of barcode. If the scanner is good and barcoding technology is well utilised, then the scanner can read the barcode even if the barcode is damaged 30-40%. So no worries whether the scanner can read your huge data, it will happen in a second.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve it. But i contradict with what Reddy has said. 2D barcodes can even take up more than 250 characters. For example if you take <b>PDF417</b> symbology it can take <b>1024 characters</b> (1KB data). This should help you Any queries with <b>symbologies, printing barcodes</b>, device type problems etc.. jus revert back.

--Ragu

Message was edited by:

Raguraman C