Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting the IGS Service

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the WAS SP9 version. After installing i want to make sure that whenever the J2EE server starts the IGS service also should start along with it and stays running.

As of now this is not happening.

Please let me know what steps i should take to ensure this.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Please check the file /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/START_<INSTANCE>_<host>. In order for the IGS to start with the J2EE, it must contain the following lines:

#----

1. Start IGS

#----

_IGS = igswd.exe

Start_Program_03 = local $(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs\bin\$(_IGS) -dir=$(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs -mode=all -sysname=<SID> -sysno=<INSTANCE-number>

Note: You have to put your SID and instance-number there, e.g. J2E and 00.

Hope this helps,

Vladimir

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

I made the settings as you had suggested. However when i restart the server the IGS service is not starting.

Can you suggest what may be the reason.

Regards

Sidharth

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Do you restart the whole instance in the SAP Management Console?

Are you sure that the IGS is installed?

Can you see any errors in the IGS logs at /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/igs/log?

Best regards,

Vladimir

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

There were no logs generated. Yes IGS has been installed and i restarted the whole instance of J2EE server also.

One more question. In the file START_INSTANCENAME_HOSTNAME i have placed the statements you had suggested at the end. Just before those statements we have the instruction to start the jcontrol.exe. Does the order matter as to where the IGS statements need to be placed.

Regards

Sidharth

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

No, you must only ensure that the number xy in Start_Program_<xy> is the next one after the number in the instruction for jcontrol.exe.

You could also check the logs in /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/work for errors related to IGS.

Hope it helps,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having this same problem... turns out that if the start command line in the profile is longer than 99 characters (which it is in this case), it won't work.

You can get around this by using some variable substitutions to shorten the command line. The details on how to do this are in note 824281.