cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration of XI projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

my question might be a bit off the way but i waz just wondering usually how long do XI projects last(i know its implementation specific,but still a rough estimate).

also in one project do we have to implement only one scenario or more(again i jst want a very rough idea).

thanx

appreciate ur help.

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad

Duration depends upon the number of touchpoints & complexity of the payloads in a given integration scenario. Also whether your scenario needs BPM, UDF for mapping or module processor.

One implementation can consist of any number of scenarios, it depends on how many processes of a Business you are going to work on. For example in Sales you can have 3-4 processes so number of scenarios also depends upon this here it can be 3-4 scenarios also or might be all 4 processes are integrating at one point making it one scenario only.

Though just for your idea a process in which you need to integrate SAP R/3 with web service system with only ONE inbound/outbound interface & GUI mapping will take 1 day only.

I am just putting my idea but again I would like to put that it all depends upon scenario to scenario.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx,also does an XI developer work in team along with other XI developers or usually hez all by himself.?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

usally each XI developer individually will work on separate interface (eg. file to idoc)... But if the interface is a complex interface involving multiple mappings, both ABAP/Java coding, Adapter Modules, etc then multiple developers can share and work on the same interface based on their expertise.

It also depends on other factors like timelines, number of resources available, dependencies between interfaces, development of common objects which can be used across interfaces etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx guys

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>my question might be a bit off the way but i waz just wondering usually how long do XI projects last(i know its implementation specific,but still a rough estimate).

In my experience XI projects can go for 3 months to One year based on size and complexity of the impementation.

>>also in one project do we have to implement only one scenario or more(again i jst want a very rough idea).

Yes you will have to implement many scenarios involving various SAP Systems, Legacy Systems etc.. and different types of adapters aswell...