cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem from VC to ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we tried to make a simple VC Model for testing the functionality of VC but actually we cant connect to any backend systems. Neither to BW nor to ERP.

We see the available Systems defined in EP7 but when we want search for any Data (in: "Find Data") we get an error message that it is not possible to connect to backend systems. I also tried user mapping with an user that has the rights to execute a BAPI in ERP but even with that it's not possible. There happend also a strange incident that my user in ERP was locked at some point. But the user and password was always defined correctly. How can this happen.

I think the systems in EP are defined right because we are for example able to launch a BSP-Application or a Transaction even though all connection tests fail.

So could anybody help me to get this working. I would really appreciate any helpful suggestion.

Thanks and best regards

Markus Armbruster

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a concern we also faced at the beginning but it wasnt the clue. We actually made a simply mistake in a system poperty. Unfortunatly we didnt recognized it very early.

regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

this is an interesting point, could you give us more information about this case, so that we could use it for our WIKI. (Which ERP System? Other issues?)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, actually it's kind of embarassing to tell you and I dont think this might be useful for the wiki. It were two points:

1. There was a misunderstanding of our System Landscape so that we made a loadbalanced system document to a dedicated system.

2. We definied the system number of the dedicated system with 3 characters instead of two.

So you see, these are some beginner mistakes

But were are now facing the issue that we can compile the models but are not able to deploy it in Flash/Flex paradigma. With WebDynpro it works great.

Maybe you could help us with that.

best regards

Markus Armbruster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Ok I see. Could you give us more information about your issue. Did you consult the error log?

More information about the log file you find here:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/EnablingFlexerrormessagesinVisualComposer">https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/EnablingFlexerrormessagesinVisualComposer</a>

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

thank you very much. SAP Note 886209 solved the Flex deploying issue.

Best Regards

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

How did you resolve this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet done. We've got an open OSS-Call according this issue.

regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The admin finally resolved the issue on our system. Basically, the user mapping needed the password with uppercase letters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please consult the Visual Composer FAQ about Connectivity:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that answer but still no solution.

Well, let me state a simple question in front: Is there anything needed to be done in ConfigTool or Visual Administrator to get this running? I thought that I could use VC directly after installing it with a EP7. The user on which I run VC has super-admin rights, so this cant be the problem.

Are there any other prequesities needed for using VC?

Thanks and regards

Markus Ambruster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you assigned the proper roles to your Portal user? Super admin is not enough.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Roles+needed

No need to do something in VA or ConfigTool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VC-Role and Super-Admin-Role was already assigned. I did this now also with the EU-Role but I still cant see any BAPIs or something like that in VC. The search always says: "Failed to connect backend systems...".

You said that there are no prequisites needed in ConfigTool or VA but what about any Proxy-Settings? Could these be the problem. I'm not very familier with theses tools, so I'm just asking.

Thanks and regards

Markus Armbruster