cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenText issue. Scanner not updating R/3 with docid (RFC error)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a strange archiving problem which is proving very difficult to resolve.

We have an R/3 system correctly set up to allow documents to be scanned using the Late Archiving with barcode scenario. All the repositories are set up. The test connection to R/3 works fine from the OpenText Archive server and also from the OpenText Enterprise scan station.

When the document is scanned the document/image is stored on the OpenText server as expected and the document id is passed back to the scan client. When the scan client tries to update the R/3 system with the document id there is an error in the logs (relating to RFC error to BAPI_BARCODE_SENDLIST) and after a few attempts the SAP user becomes locked.

The username and password is stored on the archive server and is used when Enterprise Scan has to communicate with the R/3 system.

I have tried setting the password as numbers to avoid any issues with upper/lower case but this has not helped.

I have already logged this with OpenText but any help will be appreciated.

Versions:

SAP = ECC6 and R/3 4.7

OpenText = 9.6

Regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for the response. I have checked SUIM and the user has this level of authorisation.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It could be an authorization issue with the user in R/3 used for establishing communication with archiving server. Please check OSS note 602600 for this. To cut it short basically this user should have authorization object

S_WFAR_OBJ with the value "70" for the activity

with the value "*" for the content repository

with the value "*" for the document type

with the value "*" for the object type

This is what we have implemented for our optical archiving. Hope this solves the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one question to share with you.

I got a issue from one of the user as her scanners are not linking to SAP

User is trying to scan document and archive them in SAP but she is unable to do this work for a couple of months.

can you please help me in this regards.

Thanks and Regards,

N.Satish Kumar