cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file adapter - Can I use *.xml for the file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have some interfaces where I need to pick the file from a directory. The name of the file will have Data<i>time stamp</i> as the naming convention. Can I use *.xml to pick up my files from this directory?

The help.sap.com documentation says that we can use this naming convention.

<b>

&#9679; File Name

Specify the name of the file that you want to process. The name can contain placeholders (*, ? (placeholders for exactly one character)) so that you can select a list of files for processing.

</b>

I tried using *.xml for my file name in the communication channel, XI is not picking up this file.

Please let me know if you have the solution.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying using a filename like:

input*

instead of

*.xml

Just for testing purposes and see if that works. I have that set up on one test interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

I have just tried with *.txt and checked. It is working absolutely fine. I think it should also work for *.xml. Can you please check whether you have extension for the file name or not? It should work.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I have tried with * and *.xml, it is not picking up. Are there any fileds I need to check in the file adapter or is this feature depends on the service pack version of XI?

Thanks

Kalyan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you have all the permissions to pick the file from the folder.

Also check the file permissions.

Go to RWB->Adapter Monitoring and check the status of the file channel.

Also select the Read-Only Option in the file adapter configuration..

You can check the log in the Visual Admin-

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaylan

To pick the file there is no field on the file to check. It will pick automatically. Can you check adapter monitoring whether you have any error?

Also in File sender Communication channel change the processing mode to Delete and check. If the file gets deleted then we can assume that file is picking up.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murthy,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using GuildFTP tool as my FTP server. In this tool, all the permissions were given for the file to pick up.

The status of the file is good.

Where in the file adapter configuration I have to select 'Read-only'?

The file adapter is working perfect with the exact name of the file.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Sender Communication Channel in Processing Parameters we have a check box for Process Read-Only Files. This is what krishna is saying.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I don't have this option in my adapter. may be version is different.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u might wanna try using . as the filename.

thanx

ahmad

Pl:mark helpful answers with points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just give * in the filename. If you want it to pick only xml, specify it in the exclusion mask

All the best

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers