cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse a transport request which has been already done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have transported a request from Dev to Quality system. Now, the functional consultant wants to revert it back. ie., reverse the transport that has been done in quality system. Is it possible. please guide me in this.

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

The owner who created the TR can revert that.

Once the configuration have been made in a TR, the developer only know the tables and configuration involved, the developer can always undo the changes or configuration what he made, with a  new request in order for an UNDO.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Former Member

Once a transport has been imported in the target system, it can NOT be reversed.

However, you could undo the changes contained in the transport by creating a NEW transport in the source system and setting your changes back to the original values/code. The transport this new transport in the target system.

The only alternative to the above approach is to restore the databse to the point in time just prior to the transport going into the target system (keep in mind that a restore reverts the entire SAP system back, including any changes and data not included in the problem transport)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what if I haven't release the changes in DEV (not moved to QAS either) but have already put it under a certain transport?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the transport has not being released, then you can delete the objects from the transport and all the objects which were locked will get released from that transport to their original form.

Thanks !

ivan-ae
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

Too bad that I imported wrong transport and now cannot reverse it. 1916294 SAP Note is yet not released.

Thanks,

Kalpesh

ivan-ae
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

reverting a transport which may have caused damage is indeed not supported through standard.  There are however add-ons available which do provide the unique feature of rolling back instantly.

Very recently I was at a client for which an incomplete transport (containing an OSS-Note) caused an integration test cycle (having +50 people working on it) to come to a full stop.  Recovery via development (revert note, create new transport) would takes hours given the size of the note and objects again being locked.  It was therefore decided to use the rollback function available within their standard transport add-on.  Result, the note was reverted in less then 2 minutes and operations could again resume!

Best Regards,

Ivan Mans

www.ABAP-Experts.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the add-on name?

0 Kudos

Re.DO, for info check our website or email me directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As far i know i dont think it is possible.Why do you want to revert back? The object will be in Development system also. You can create a new request if you want some modifications.

Regards

Subhash