Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have 2 simple questions.

First one.

Does SAP R/3 support MTU size 1500 for the network ?without having any issues that you are aware of?

second one.

I am using on the whole network MTU size 1500 and all the applications are running fine.But

I have users that are getting disconnected from SAP production server with the following error:

PRD:Connection to partener broken.

Time:Fri Oct 27 15:27:36 2006

Component:NI (network interface)

Release: 6.20

Version :36

Module: ninti.c

Line:1094

Method:NiPRead (192.168.XX.XX/sapdp00)

Return code: -6

System call: recv

Error No: 10054

Error Text: WSAECONNRESET:connection reset by peer

Counter 1

This error appear just sometimes not all the times and the connection is not timing out and i don't have any problems at the network level.

Tried several niping tests from the client to the server and the tests went fine.(no disconnecting and reply time from server very good)

The question is:

Is this error caused by the MTU size of my network??(i use MTU size 1500 for the whole network)

Do i have to change the MTU size for my network to fix SAP application ??

If any of you guys experienced the same error can you send me a solution to fix it.

my contact:cpetcu@muratek.com

Best

Cristi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please check

rdisp/gui_auto_logout value in profiles , make sure it is atleast 3600(60 minutes) so that it wont be disconnected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. Were you able to fix it? How do i access the rdisp/gui_auto_logout value?

I would appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ,i am facing the same problems with the second, have you resolve it? what should i do?thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use the default MTU size of 1500 on our network without any issues. We have seen VPN software change the MTU and cause problems. If it happening to specific clients then they may have tweaked some settings (ran an IE download optimizer for example) or a network setting is off. Their switch port might be set to auto instead of 100 Full for example . Sounds like an intermittnet network problem based on the limited information.

If there is a corresponding entry in the application server's SYSLOGand dispatcher trace to match the clients error then its almost certainly a network problem. See OSS Note # 155147

Regards,

John