cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of Workflow/Webflow in the Forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having just registered for BIT600/601, I thought I might meander over to the Forums to read a bit on the subject.

I scanned the topics page several times and didn't see a workflow forum or a webflow forum.

So I did a forum search on workflow and found that most, if not all, of the queries, had been posted under ABAP General.

Assuming I'm correct that there is no separate forum for webflow/workflow, I'm wondering how come. There are far more abstruse and specialized topics that have their own forums.

Also - can someone venture a definitive "yea" or "nay" as to whether the BIT600/601 "webflow" courses will or will not prepare someone to work in pre-NW/pre-"web" workflow environments?

Also, if it's decided that there should be a workflow/webflow forum, does SDN have the technology to move the existing workflow-related posts in other forums to the new forum "en masse"?<br><br>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

The Workflow/Webflow Questions are supposed to be posted on the forum, but tey are not (As you have already noticed it).

Even if there is a whole new forum, I doubt if the old posts would be moved ..

as a sidenote...

We still see the max Posts in the ABAP General even after breaking it down into diff categories.. and there are some who post the same question in all the categories..

~Suresh

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh -

Thanks for the tip about BPM.

Do you know the answer to my other question about BIT600/601 course content and pre-NW workflow???

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My answer is an YES. Also, if you take a look at the cousre description <a href="http://www50.sap.com/useducation/curriculum/course.asp?cid=60128068">here</a>, the Audience could be "Anyone who will use workflow on any SAP product."

And the Course title for BIT601 itself says "SAP WebFlow - Programming (4.7)"

~Suresh

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But they should call the course "anyflow" instead of "webflow" because "webflow" sounds like it's only about the web-flavor, and I know there are clients uing the non-web flavor.

I saw the same thing in the course descrip as you did, but just wanted to be sure.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.sdn.businesscard.sdnbusinesscard?u=hr1ligsysz0%3d">alan Rickayzen</a> workflow questions should be populating the <a href=" Process Management Forum</a> as Suresh mentioned above.

The forum is described like this:

Forum: Business Process Management (BPM)

Business process management (BPM) enables companies to model, configure, execute and monitor business scenarios and processes, to adapt them continuously to new strategies. This forum covers ARIS for SAP NetWeaver and the following tools within SAP NetWeaver: SAP Solution Manager, SAP Exchange Infrastructure, <b>SAP Business Workflow</b>, Universal worklist, Collaboration tasks, Guided procedures.

At the moment, many workflow questions are also populating the Business Process Modeling forum in the BPX area. Which isn't the appropriate place either. Perhaps the definitions of these forums need to be more clearly articulated.

Let's continue the discussion please in the <a href=" Process Management Forum</a>

Suresh also makes a good point about the ABAP catergories, although, as in any "change management", changes take time, and reeducating people to post in the proper forums is an on-going activity. Having community input as to what makes the best logical sense is also very helpful.

former_member181875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

I'm flattered that you've linked my name to a photo of a handsome young man but it is not me.

Maybe you could just link to my sdn profile (sacrificing the youthfulness and good looks)?

All the best,

Alan

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops...I copied the shortcut to your business card and somehow must have had Vijay's picture in cache. Vijay is one of the top contributors to SDN. His picture can be found on my flickr page. Just hope people don't start asking you for ABAP tips. I'll update the url properly...

Answers (0)