Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our customer wants to add a MDM system to an existing CUA.

Are there any specific guidelines ?

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends:

Customer uses Portal with CUA using windows NTML.

The new MDM3.0/5.5 can not use CUA, Is this true ?

As new MDM can not use CUA, It can not use portal also as portal is linked with CUA.

Can you please give any options?

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm Supriced to hear that MDM3.0 shouldn't be able to use CUA - Is this something you have heard from SAP ? I'm not an MDM expert, but as far as I know it runs on the ABAP Stack on NetWeaver ?

If that's the case I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use CUA, you can just hook it up to your CUA Master as a new child system. I Have created a small quick guide for this, with twelve bullet. a couple of years ago, I think that they are still valid (Perhaps you can skip a few):

1.	Local System:    Create CUA User (Type Communication user).
2.	Development:      Create and transport new logical system (BD54) 
3.	Central System:  Assign logical system to client (SCC4)
4.	Central System:  Create RFC Destination (SM59 - R/3 connection).
5.	Central system:  Test RFC Connection (F6 - Connection, F8 - Authorization og remote logon).
6.	Central System:  Correct distributionmodel (BD64)– add BAPI for USER.Clone og UserCompany.Clone
7.	Central System:  Generate Partner profile (BD82)
8.	Check Partner Profile in WE20 and the port in WE21 
9.	Central System:  Distribute Model view (BD64 – edit -> Model view – Distribute)
10.	Central System:   Activate CUA (SCUA)
11.	Central System:   Transfer Users (SCUG)
12.	Central System:   Update text's for  CUA (SA38 – Report SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES)

Regards

Morten Nielsen