cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBP 3.0 with ERP2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer wanting to retain EBP 3.0 yet upgrade ERP from 4.6d to ERP2005. I know that SAP says this combination is not supported, but I don't believe that means it won't work (notes are available for ERP2004). The customer is using EBP for indirect material catalogs and integrates with SAP at the shopping cart/purchase order level.

Does anyone know if this combination of EBP and ERP will work given the limited integrations involved? If not, and the customer is adamant about retaining EBP 3.0, would XI be a possible solution to build integrations between EBP 3.0 and ERP2005?

Thanks!

Rick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer use SRM 3.0 with ERP05 with no problem. One thing what we do is to upgrade R/3 plugin.

Maintanaince of SAP SRM 3.0 ends with this year.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000623852006E/News.htm#q16

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin, thanks for the quick response.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't SRM 3.0 the same as EBP 4.0?

Also, what is the R/3 plug-in that you mention?

Thanks,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

SRM 3.0 = EBP 4.0 in service.sap.com/swdc You can find following name: "SAP SRM 3.0 (WITH SAP EBP 4.0)".

About plugin: PI_BASIS with version 2005_1_620

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin, it appears that the upgrade from EBP 3.0 to EBP 4.0 (SRM 3.0) is a fundamental change in techonology -- from Business Connectors to NetWeaver/XI. If this is true, then I probably cannot count on the fact that your customer has been able to integrate EBP 4.0/SRM 3.0 with ERP2005 for my customer.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Rick