cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Adobe Reader 8.0 on nw04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

recently Adobe has released Reader version 8.0. It seems this is not supported by the Adobe Control provided by SAP. Is there an (ACF) update available for this?

I have tested with nw04 - SP15 and SP18. Not (yet) with nw04s. I only got this error after i manually removed the adobe control plugin.

For your reference the error message from the Adobe Control:

<i>An unexpected situation has occured while downloading neccessary SAP components to your PC.

Please have a look on the information given below.

If this information is not sufficient to solve the problem please click on the 'Show developer traces' Button.

This will show more detailed information which will be useful for the SAP Customer Service.

Error description

Neither Adobe Acrobat 6.0/7.0 nor Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0/7.0 seems to be installed correctly.

The SAP Adobe integration needs at least one of this products to run successfully</i>

Thanks for your input,

Marijn.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marijn

Reader 8.0, which also provides important new functions for the SAP integration, is currently in our SAP test and validation cycle and not yet officially supported for the integration. That would explain the error.

SAP will publish the support for Reader 8.0 when it is available early in 2007.

This applies to both SAP NetWeaver 2004s and '04. Support for both may happen at different times.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for your message. I'm sure you are already aware of the following: adobe advises users to upgrade to Reader 8.0 (or update AcroPDF.dll)

See <a href="http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb06-20.html">Security Bulletin</a>

Regards, Marijn Sponselee

Message was edited by:

Marijn Sponselee

Message was edited by:

Marijn Sponselee

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor