cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange(?) problem: Transport from DEV to MAINT track: Broken DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a Maintenance track (Track connection type Transport) from DEV to MAINT.

After the assembly and approval of the SCs (2 of them), everything seemed to go fine into MAINT track. All DCs except one are fine.

This one DC is not built because of "compilation errors" and hence it doesnot appear in the Inactive DCs list of the Development Configuration for MAINT track.

But the same DC has no problems of any kind in the DEV track. I've no idea how the compilation error cropped up in MAINT track.

Even though I can see what exactly is the compilation error, there is nothing to "fix" in the DEV track and re-transport it. I cant fix it either in MAINT track because, it does not appear in the Inactive DCs list yet.

Any ideas please?

Regards,

Rajit Srinivas

Update: Was able to fix that problem by checking out ALL the files of the DC, checkin and do the whole transport process from DEV to MAINT.

BUT,the problem now is, even though the DC is built fine in MAINT, it still doesnot appear in the Inactive DCs list of the Development configuration. Tried removing and reimporting the Dev Conf for the MAINT track but did not help.

Message was edited by:

Rajit Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit

Do you see the DC when you browse the DTR? And also what is the status of DC in the CBS?

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

I can see the DC in the DTR and its all green in CBS, so its built fine I guess its active.

I found that the dcref for this DC is missing in the SCs folder (dont know why), so that could be the reason why it doesnt appear in the active/inactive lists.

I'll try creating a new DC with same name & checking in the dcref entry only (if possible!!).

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The missing dcref file is definitely the problem: Because of this, the Development Configuration perspective is not aware of this DC.

Instead of creating a new DC, you can try to integrate the dcref file in the maintenance track using a manually created DTR client:

- Go to the DTR perspective

- Manually create a DTR client

- Browse to the dcref file

- Add the file to a new activity

- Check-in the activity in the Open Activities view

- Integrate the activity in the inactive workspace of the maintenance track using the Closed Activities view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thank you very much. I created a new DC with the same name, but checked-in only the dcref file and reverted the others. So I've an entry in the SCs and its now visible. And my problem is solved.

Thanks again,

Rajit