cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to call a BAPI inputexecute method from webdynpro-java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello... I'm a little concerned about a situation I'm having. The thing is that I'm trying to use the Bapi_Qualiprof_Change bapi with some test and hard coded data for a future application. It works fine if I fill the input profile_add table in the init() method of my view and then directly call the onActionModifyQualification method (inside the same init() where i filled the parameters).

On the contrary, if I change the code that intializes the data to the onActionModifyQualification or create an special method to initialize it wich is called later with an action button, then it doesn't work.

After many test I noticed that i have to call the bapi execute method right in the init... is there something I can do to fix it? or is it that i must do it in order to make it work?

I have my controller's context mapped to the bapi's model and the view context mapped to the controller's one.... is it good or do i have to build a similar structure to capture the parameters before and then copy the values into the controller's context??

Thanks a lot!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this thread may help you:

Kind regards,

J.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That thread had exactly what I was looking for!!

Thanks a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have this in the wdDoModifyView method. Or

If used in other views then have it at Controller level.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't let me do that because wdModifyView is static. Therefore if 2 people are trying to use it, it's goning to be all mixed up, isn't it?

Anyway, what I really want is executing the bapi when I press the button (that's when it should call the action that calls the bapi). But it only works if I call the action in the init method.