cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating workspace folder and workspace in DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to create a workspace folder in DTR. I am getting the exception while creating the workspace folder in DTR. In command prompt I have gone to the folder where dtr.bat is located and to create a new workspace folder I wrote the command as <b>"dtr mkws -F -w /Sample"</b>. But it is giving the exception as <b>"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mkws"</b>.

To create a new workspace folder and workspace what are the stpes to follow?. Please let me know how to create a new workspace folder in DTR.

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you can use dtr.bat and dtrshell.bat you must edit the dtr.bat, dtrshell.bat and setvars.bat files. It basically comes down to uncommenting all CLASSPATH lines in the dtr.bat and dtrshell.bat files and setting the correct value for the DTR_HOME variable in setvars.bat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your quick response. Can you please let me know what are the configurations I need to give in those files.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal, and also please let me know what is the CLASSPATH I have to give, because set CLASS_PATH is empty in my dtr.bat file and dtrshell.bat file.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Here is my dtr.bat file information. Please let me know what else to do in dtr.bat file.

@echo off

rem Run DTR Commandline Tool:

rem -

rem (1) Get it running:

rem -

rem - Adapt configuration settings in setvars.bat.

rem - Uncomment the settings for the used archives

rem that fit to the currently used Netweaver Developer Studio.

call setvars.bat

set CLASS_PATH=

rem (2) Used Archives Settings:

rem -

rem Used Archives in 6.40 and 7.00 Netweaver Developer Studio installation:

rem -

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_vfs.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclient.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclientext.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_commandline.jar

rem Archives from foreign Plugins:

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.xmltoolkit\lib\sapxmltoolkit.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.logging\lib\logging.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.sap.tc.jarm\lib\jARM.jar

rem (3) Run DTR Commandline Tool:

rem -

java -classpath %CLASS_PATH% %DEFAULT_PROPERTIES% com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DTRClient %*

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove all 'rem'-s before the 'set CLASS_PATH..." lines (7 lines).

In setvars.bat read and follow the instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have removed the code before the set CLASS_PATH in dtr.bat file and also I set the path for DTR_HOME in setvars.bat. My question is in dtr.bat file what is the classpath I need to give, I mean what is the path I need to set for

set CLASS_PATH=.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal, can you also please let me know is there any way to create workspace folder without using the command tool. what are the steps to follow to create a new workspace folder?

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need to modify that line. Just make sure you change the following lines at the bottom:

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_vfs.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclient.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclientext.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_commandline.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.xmltoolkit\lib\sapxmltoolkit.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.logging\lib\logging.jar

rem set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.sap.tc.jarm\lib\jARM.jar

into:

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_vfs.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclient.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;httpclientext.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;com_tssap_dtr_client_commandline.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.xmltoolkit\lib\sapxmltoolkit.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.tssap.sap.libs.logging\lib\logging.jar

set CLASS_PATH=%CLASS_PATH%;..\com.sap.tc.jarm\lib\jARM.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that you need to activate the DTR Admin plugin in NWDS. How to do this is explained on help.sap.com.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal, I have updated code in dtr.bat. Can you send me the link for <b>"activate the DTR admin plugin in NWDS".</b>

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal, now I am able to execute dtr.bat file. I have created the workspace folder and workspace using DTR commands, and also I have created the software component then it is generated one xml file I saved it min my local folder. But in NWDS I am unable to import the configuration using xml file it is gicing the exception <b>"Could not create mountpoint for SC in compartment"</b> .

Here is the details about the exception.

com.sap.tc.devconf.SyncException: Could not create mountpoint for SC in compartment sapcom_TestWSAppq: No workspace existing for remote path "Test/WS1/SCs/sap.com/TestWSAppq/_comp/TopLevelDCs/".

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DTRClientErrorMapper.toSyncException(DTRClientErrorMapper.java:38)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.findOrCreateMountPointForSC(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:2758)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.createMountPointsForSCs(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3046)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.goOnline(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:5207)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:773)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:698)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:669)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.addDevConf(DevConfWizard.java:505)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.access$100(DevConfWizard.java:67)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard$1.run(DevConfWizard.java:348)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.performFinish(DevConfWizard.java:346)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.openWizard(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:39)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.run(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:33)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:207)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:286)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:795)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:602)

Caused by: com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.ConfigurationException: No workspace existing for remote path "Test/WS1/SCs/sap.com/TestWSAppq/_comp/TopLevelDCs/".

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.assureRemotePathExists(RepositoryServer.java:208)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.findOrCreateMountPointForSC(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:2748)

... 44 more

Caused by:

[VFS version: 6.40 630_VAL_REL 0010 (2005-11-24 22:30:36 CET)] com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.ConfigurationException: No workspace existing for remote path "Test/WS1/SCs/sap.com/TestWSAppq/_comp/TopLevelDCs/".

at com.tssap.dtr.client.lib.vfs.config.impl.RepositoryServer.assureRemotePathExists(RepositoryServer.java:208)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.findOrCreateMountPointForSC(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:2748)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.createMountPointsForSCs(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3046)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.goOnline(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:5207)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:773)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:698)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.addConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:669)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.addDevConf(DevConfWizard.java:505)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.access$100(DevConfWizard.java:67)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard$1.run(DevConfWizard.java:348)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.wizard.DevConfWizard.performFinish(DevConfWizard.java:346)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.openWizard(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:39)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.DevConfNewMenuAction.run(DevConfNewMenuAction.java:33)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:207)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:286)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:795)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:602)

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal, one more question I want to create a workspace folder like this <b>"ws/scenario2/technology/dev"</b>. Can you please tell me what is the path I need to give in command prompt.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

try to run the dtrshell.bat and then only enter "mkws ...". Maybe there's something wrong with the configuration of the batch file(s).

Or you could just create workspace folders from the IDE (Repository Browser view in DTR Perspective.). Maybe you need to activate the admin-plugin to do that (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/01/72a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm )

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried with dtrshell.bat also, it is also giving the same error what dtr.bat is giving.

And For creating workspace folders from IDE I need administrator rights, I dont have administrator rights. Is there any other way to create workspace folder in DTR. What are the configurations we have to do in batch file. And can yoy please let me know how to create workspace folder from IDE.

Regards

Suresh