cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with transporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with transporting from DEV to PROD. There are no imports in import queue in SMTS.

I can export data from DEV, but there are not displayed in STMS. (Only texts as Language Netweaver 04 SR1 CS).

In TMS alert viewer there are a lot of errors. F.E. READ_DOCU_FAILED, RFC_SYSTEM_FAILURE, TP_REPORTED_ERROR (Transport control program tp ended with error code 0012).

We had no problems with this before but the old transports are not displayed in gueue too.

The RFC connection seems to be ok.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Radka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Radka,

Just to add to what Samrat mentioned ensure that <sid>adm has authorizations for transport directory. Frankly all <sid>adm users in your landscape should have this authorization coz this is a shared directory. As mentioned in an earlier post I feel that there is OS level authroization change in terms of file handling permissions.Use 775 file handling permissions.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

reset TMSADM user

generate rfc destnations.

This should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the STMS screen -

Overview -> Systems.

Extras -> Reset user TMSADM

Extras -> Generate RFC Destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your problem is domain/<SID>adm is unble to write the in trans (return code 8 and rfc is error) directory give full authorisation. since i faced same problem and it was solved by doing the above.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radka,

Please check if any of the OS level authorizations for transport directory have got changed .

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I go with ruchit, check

1) the sharing problems of transport directory

and 2)tp profile settings

and 3)DIR_TRANS directory

in both DWD and DWP systems

after that go for reconfiguration of TMS

Pls Let me know if this helps

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems does not help.

But I found a problem in transport groups.

If i run a check of transport groups. The error message "System DWP cannot read test file written by DWD" is displayed.

"When the system checked the transport groups, it discovered that system DWP cannot read a test file written by system DWD to the transport directory. The return code of the action was 0008"

DWD=DEV

DWP=PROD

Can anybody help? Or does somebody know, where sap creates the test file? Or the name of the test file...

Thanks

RH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat Dangeti,

I think, the third posibility could help, I have tried to do the first two and it did not help.

How can I reconfigure STMS?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To reconfigure go to

STMS --> Overview --> Transport routes --> Configuration --> Adjust with controller

Also SE06 to re initialize CTO settings

regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radka Hladikova ,

As you said no problem with RFC

error can be due to TP version upgrade Tp

check the connectivity of PRD from DEV

last option what i can suggest is reconfigure STMS

Regards

D.Samrat