Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot ping or test in Content administrator for Webdynpro applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 628962. - How to switch on the SAP JCo trace

I used the file ataached

Alternatively, you have the option to turn on the traces during runtime by using the attached application JRfcTests.ear. Therefore you have to deploy it using SAP J2EE Visual Administrator (server -> deploy service) and start it on your J2EE Engine.

After it has been deployed, please navigate in your web browser to

http://<host>:<port>/jrfctests/clientTest

... ..................

Its working fine there and i can login But when i create a JCO connection in webdynpro content admin ,It fails saying that LOgon group space is not avalible .Should I do something in the abap stach also .. Initially I just want to call the RFC from abap and NOT vice versa,,,,

How can I fix this?

ANy suggestions ?

I can even call the RFC from the model in the NWDS and there is no prob.Only in content admin Test and PIng it fails...

How do I trouble shoot? I added Abap stack in SLD ..

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the connection properties that you have maintained in the JCo destinations. Have you mentioned the logon group as "space"? Check if this logon group is available in the backend.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Do I have to setup the space in WAS in ABAP also ?

I tried SPACE in the grp but doesnt help?

WHat all should i configure in R/3? SHould I just add the grp in smgw?

how do i setup sld in r/3 and in sld in java stach what component should I select for Was for ABap? is it netw2004s? and what component in it?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/02/08/as-abap-sneak-preview-lessons-logon-groups gave me the answer