cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure in Model Create Step: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: Missing R3NAME=

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running NW04sp10 and am trying to connect my WebDynPro to my R/3 backend app server - am running through the FlightChecking example using DevStudio 2.0.10.

Have successfully created my meta + app data JCo's, they test and ping OK from the Content Manager. SLD is fine, connecting happily to the NW and R/3 boxes. One is message server, one central instance.

When the 'create model' wizard tries to build the java proxies though, it comes back with this:

[Fatal]: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx

Can anyone help?

Cheers guys,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Let me see if I understand your question. You are getting an error after filling the parameters in the create model wizard which is even before you search for the Bapis'. If that is correct then <b>I think</b> your problem has to do with your sapmsIDS. double check that your services file contains the systems you are trying to access . you can find the file in this folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc . You should have an entry like so <b>sapms<SID> 3600/tcp</b> where sid should be the same as the system name like (IDS or DVH or DVC). This file would have to be updated on the same system as your NetWeaver Developer Studio. I had a similar problem when I started using my laptop for development.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

Many thanks for your help.

I've added the entry you mention and rebooted, no joy I'm afraid.

I am able to retrieve the BAPI's no problem, the error occurs only when I then do the next step of starting to build the proxies. I noticed in another thread

[]

somebody suggested that adding some entries here:

"

Mention the parameters in the section:

SECTION FOR REGISTRATION TO CLIENT APPLICATION SYSTEMS

"

but I don't know if this applies to me or how to actually do this? Do you know if this is relevant?

Another thing is, is it mandatory to change the name of the default logical systems from WD_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST? Currently I've just used the defaults.

Many thanks again,

Andy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I dont that thread you mentioned is relevent since it has to do with configuring XI with RFC outbound adaptor.

<i>Another thing is, is it mandatory to change the name of the default logical systems from WD_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST? Currently I've just used the defaults.</i>

I dont think it is mandatory but if you create more than one JCO connection with the same name you will have a problem more so if you are sharing the J2EE engine. I simply add one word to the end that refers to my model

ex. "WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST_FLIGHT".

Have you tested the Bapi on the other end. transaction se37. Could you give me the information you entered in content admin to test the JCO. Plus which tutorial are you following?

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

I'm using the tutorial 'Handling Transactions with BAPIs in Web Dynpro' [part of SAP Online Help].

The BAPI does work in se37, it's just a standard SAP delivered BAPI, and I've tried a few different ones to make sure it wasn't a BAPI specific problem.

In the content admin I've navigated through the local/FlightChecking/Applications/FlightCheckingComp and then used the wizard to add the 2 JCOs [I've kept the default names for now after your previous advice]

The data is like this:

WD_MODELDATA_DEST:

Name WD_MODELDATA_DEST

Client 800

J2EE Cluster Name NW1 on chippy

USER USER1

Password <password>

Application Server nero

System ID 00

WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST:

Name WD_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST

Client 020

J2EE Cluster Name NW1 on chippy

USER USER1

Password <password>

Application Server chippy

System name NW1

Logon Group PUBLIC

My landscape here is of 2 servers:

'Nero' SAP r/3 4.7 Application Server System ID ACI

'Chippy' SAP WebAS640 NW04 System ID NW1 ABAP+J2EE stack

The JCOs 'test' and 'ping' successfully. My WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST connection is to a message server, the WD_MODEL_DEST is to a central instance.

Here's the full log from the create model wizard [I used a random BAPI for testing, BAPI_GET_PAYSLIP, so don't worry about that]:

-

[Warning]: Creating a connection with Metamodel language <en_GB> failed. Continuing with language <EN>

[Fatal]: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx

[Info]: Creating Model: FlightChecking

[Info]: Creating Model Class: Bapi_Get_Payslip_Input

[Info]: Creating Model Class: Bapi_Get_Payslip_Output

[Info]: Creating Model Class: Bapireturn1

[Info]: Creating Model Relation: Bapi_Get_Payslip_Output:Return

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Type

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Id

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Number

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Message

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Log_No

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Log_Msg_No

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Message_V1

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Message_V2

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Message_V3

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Message_V4

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Employeenumber

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Payslipvariant

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Sequencenumber

[Info]: Creating Model Class: Bapi7004_Payslip

[Info]: Creating Model Relation: Bapi_Get_Payslip_Input:Payslip

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Format_Col

[Info]: Creating Model Class Property: Text_Col

[Info]: Creating Model Relation: Bapi_Get_Payslip_Output:Payslip

[Info]: Creating Model Relation: Bapi_Get_Payslip_Input:Output:Bapi_Get_Payslip_Output

-

So it seems to actually be able to retrieve the metadata for the BAPIs, but not to make the relevant JCo's. I've not gone on and completed the tutorial, assuming it won't work until I can sort out the above 'fatal' error.

Thanks again for all of your good advice.

Cheers,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I guess I cant really help you, because I have always been using the same server/client for WD_MODELDATA_DEST and for WD_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST. When you import the bapi you use info for one server or two? I dont know how you can specify two different servers..I guess I could learn a thing or two if someone else can help u and provide a solution.

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

That was it!! I was pointing the metadata JCo at my NW backend, and the application one at R/3. What a dullard!

It now works, thanks again for you help.

Cheers,

Andy.

Answers (0)