Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase Approval in cProjects

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have defined my phase as an approval phase in the phase type in customizing.

Also assigned the default approval form.

1. When I create an approval in cProjects, I am <b>not able to assign decision maker</b>. I have created and staffed roles in the project resources. When I go to the decision maker tab and add decision maker, I can see these roles in the dropdown but when I select one of these roles, I donot get the Person name in the next dropdown. It simply has a value saying "<b>Person is not assigned</b>".

2. Now if I move ahead without assigning a person, I cannot see the approval document in the "<b>Approval Document</b>" tab page.

I cannot begin the approval without an approval document.

Pl help me find a solution for the above mentioned problem.

Regards,

Reema.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved

Note: 944122

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

I tried to implement the note 944122. But there i dont have the component DPR_APPROVAL. Instead of that i have the component DPR_APPROVALS. Should i copy it and rename it as DPR_APPROVAL. But i am having the component DPR_PROJECT_VIEW componenets. But in SPRO under cProjects i am able to see the smart form for DPR_APPROVAL_HIER only. I dunno the relation between these two things. Can you guide me at this point.

Thanks,

Rajesh

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

In transaction BP you have to check if the persons have a personnel

number and a user in tab strip identification for business partner

role employee.

Actually you can set up a Decision Maker if business partner linked

to some system user. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works only if we follow what Judith has mentioned. Then you can be able to assign the decision maker and then proceed with the approval.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a business partner under the employee role and also assigned a user to it under the internet user role.

I have staffed the project role with this business partner.

I can assign the project role in the decision maker tab, but not the person.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

For this you should have created the Business Partner using BP transaction with Employee Role and assign R/3 user ID in Identification Tab.

Then you can assign this Business Partner as decision maker.

I could get the business partner this way, but I could not begin the approval though I have done necessary config and it displays "You cannot begin approval without an approval document"

pls let me know if it works for you

regards,

Ramakrishna

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I have already created the Business Partner and also assigned the R/3 user id to it.

I have also created a role in cProjects and staffed that role with the above mentioned BP.

Even then, when I select the role for the deicsion maker, I donot get the name of the BP is the person assigned dropdown.

About the approval document, u need to check your phase type whether a form has been assigned for the approval document.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema

I have sent you the screen shot of Phase Type settings. Pls confirm whether its working

regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

has anyone been able to sort out this problem. Please update as i am also facing the same problem.

Regards,

Amit Sawant

amitssawant@gmail.com