Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a web application from enterprise portal

former_member515618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

One of my requirement is to call a web application from User worklist in portal.

Iam building up the URL path programatically and calling

IF_HTTP_RESPONSE~REDIRECT method in class CL_HTTP_RESPONSE

This method, takes url as an input parameters and opens the link. i.e the web application.

The below is the Url iam building in the program.

http://prospectdev.riotinto.org/irj/portal?navigationtarget=pcd%3aportal_content/rt/ent/gen/ivu/reco...

But when i execute it,

The below is the URL that is getting called.

http://prospectdev.riotinto.org/irj/portal?navigationtarget=pcd%3aportal_content/rt/ent/gen/ivu/recordrisk&dynamicparameter=&dynamicparameter=risk_id=e600000000000000010376%26mode=e&navmode=3<b>?NavigationTarget=pcd% 3Aportal_content/rt/ent/gen/ivu/RecordRisk&DynamicParameter=&DynamicParameter=RISK_ID=E600000000000000010376%26MODE=E&NavMode=3</b>

The part of the link that isdepected in bold is getting duplicated.

Could you please let me know if this is the right method iam using.

If no, can you suggest me as to how i can call a web application from portal

Any pointers on this would be of great help

Sravan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

if you are trying to call a WDA from the UWL, (SP8 or higher on WDA stack, not sure on portal) then you should make an entry in transaction SWFVISU on the ABAP stack.

The portal should read the entry for the current TS item and call the WDA passing in the workitem ID. The inbound plug can a have a parameter to accept workitem id.

I cant remember if it is WI_ID or Workitem or Workitem_ID. Check docu

around SWFVISU usage.

If you need to call 3rd party urls then see the WORKFLOW user groups and docu on UWL API recently updated for this purpose.

good luck,

Phil.

former_member515618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue.