Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisation level mismatch in derived role and base role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created a base role which is having these open organisation levels to maintain:

1.Company code

2.Account type

3. Warehouse number

4.Division

5.Sales organisation

6.Distribution Channel

7.Plant.

But now when I'm deriving a role from above mentioned base role I'm getting only these organisations levels to maintain:

1.Company code

2.----

3. Warehouse number

4.----

5.Sales organisation

6.Distribution Channel

7.Plant.

Account type and Division is not coming up in derived role to maintain.

I'm getting only 5 values to maintain instead of 7.

Could some one please explain me why it is behaving like this ?

And what I need to do to overcome this?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Generic role (Base role) did you provide the values (i.e. Open Org values) ?

For Generic role you can provide full authorization (i.e. Org Values) then generate and adjust the derived role.

In the derived role for change mode what mode did you choose (expert or data change mode).

This could be if you have chosen expert mode and if you have generated with open auth values and then if you choose with option of merge with old data some times it could happen like this.

Solution:

To solve the problem in the derived role go to change mode and in data change then choose edit old status then you will get all the org values, give necessary values and generate.

I am sure this will resolve your problem.

Cheers

Soma