cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We are on netweaver 2004s sr1(sps6).I want to apply the new patches(SPS10).How can i apply patches from SPS6 to SPS10.I have downloaded from service market place.can anyone guide me in details how can i go proceed from here to update the server to SPS10.

components

AS-JAVA

AS-ABAP

BI-JAVA

Thanks in advance

JANA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Update your ABAP AS kernel, by shuting down the application server and all the services. Backup the directory /urs/sap/<SYSID>/sys/exe/run.

Then replace its content with the files inside the compressd kernel package.

Restart the server.

You should use transaction SPAM to import support packages for the AS ABAP. You must be logged in client 000.

First at all uncompress all the component support packages at os level inside the directory: /usr/sap/trans (the file are automatically reallocated inside the directory EPS). You also need the SAPCAR tool to do this.

Once all the components are uncompressed, run the transaction SPAM and under Support Packages menu, click on Load packages->from application server

After the packages are loaded, you are to define apropiate queues by clicking the button "Display/define". I recommend split the queue by components to don't overload the server.

Click on the menu command Support Package->Import queue.

More information on:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/29/ff9036e1e4b603e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

For information about Java SP Stack I suggest this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/02784278b66255e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Please kindly reward with point if the info was helpful.

Regards,

Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kernel Patching in 2004s is some what different compared to 2004..

Check out this blog

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/07/03/apply-support-packages-to-the-sdn-abap-as-sneak-preview

Regards

Umesh K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

please keep in mind, that you have to apply all missing patches (07, 08, 09, 10).

Best regards

Timm