cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I wanted to learn about business content of APO-DP. Such as 9AAFCST (Forecast Key Figures) and many more key figs., characteristics, planning book and planning area...

So Please help me to browse APO business content.

Thank You.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Your answer is very helpful,

But still I didn't get the extensive business content details,

which I am looking for.

I have tried the link which u provided.

Please help me how can I see detailed business content of APO-DP such as planning area, planning key figs. etc..

Thanks, Have assigned the points.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi john,

I am not sure what you mean by detailed business content related to Planning Area, Planning Keyfigures etc.

In APO-DP there are two standard planning areas (transaction code /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN) 9ADC01 and 9ADP01. However most project implementations create their own planning area and planning objects structure for Demand Planning.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

We are working on SCM 5.0 and the standard planning area is not used.

What is observed that whenever a fresh system is obtained where the planning area is already present because it is tranported and /SAPAPO/SDP94 is accessed, it always asks - "The planning area 9ADP01 is not initialized, Do you want initialize it now ".

This is faced by every new user who accesses the fresh system for the first time.

What we normally do it say a "No" and go ahead with the Interactive Demand Planning screen.

The question is what should be done in this case ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

I am working on SCM 2007. Its a virgin system presently. In planning area administration whenever I try to copy, initialise or display 9ASNP02 or any other planning area I recieve a message " Info Object 9A..... does not exist". I am stuck as no help is available on these standard Info Objects. Do I have to create them. Aren't they supposed to be present by default.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your question comprises of two parts - one is about the APO-DP data mart (keyfigures, characteristics) and the other about the DP architecture and planning objects - planning areas and planning books.

Part I:

The APO-DP Data mart is essentially SAP BW. In fact the transactions are the same (RSA1, RSWB, RSAMON, etc.).

Here is the link to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">infoobjects in DP</a>. You will notice for more details there are links to BW help only.

Keyfigures like 9AAFCST, 9AVCORFCST, 9APSHIP etc. are standard keyfigures provided in APO (9A - for APO/SCM) which are used by different functionalities of DP and SNP. For example Statistical Forecasting can use 9AVHISTORY keyfigure as the source of history data and 9ADFCST as the forecast keyfigure. This is defined in the Forecast Profiles (txn /SAPAPO/MC96B)

You can refer to

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">this link</a> for more.

Likewise SNP Heuristics uses a number of standard keyfigures like 9ADMDP1 (Sales Orders), 9AITRAN (In-transit) etc. for computation and placing the planned receipts in standard keyfigure like 9ASHIP (Planned Distribution Receipt).

Part II:

The architecture of APO DP is hierarchical and as follows.

1. Master Planning Object Structure (MPOS) => Here you define the characteristics you want to plan for

2. Planning Area => Here you add the keyfigures. Note planning area needs assignment to a MPOS

3. Planning Book => This is the first step to create the view/UI for the DP end user (who accesses it using transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94). This defines what all functionality is possible - like Statistical Forecasting, Promotion Planning etc.

4. Data View => This is created within a planning book which defines which keyfigures to display and the time buckets in past/future to display. You can have multiple data views with different time buckets (and granularity) for the benefit of the planner.

For different types of end user role (like Manager vs Planner) you should use different planning books to restrict the keyfigures and functionalities they can use.

Macros are created at data view level.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working on DP in APO3.1 and when I create an Infocube and activate its saying that

"" Not all objects of the infocube are activated ""

and when I check the dumps I found the problem .

Problem::A numeric type was used for a key field. A table of this sort cannot be buffered.

solution::You can enter "no buffering" as an attribute of the technical settings and then repeat the activation process.""

I got stuck here and could not go forward with the DP as it requires infocubes.Can any one please guide me on this..I installed the APO system and LC is up and active..shld I need to load any support packs after installing the system...Please help me on this

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi Guys,

>

> I am working on DP in APO3.1 and when I create

> an Infocube and activate its saying that

> "" Not all objects of the infocube are activated

> ""

>

> and when I check the dumps I found the problem .

> Problem::A numeric type was used for a key field. A

> table of this sort cannot be buffered.

>

> solution::You can enter "no buffering" as an

> attribute of the technical settings and then repeat

> the activation process.""

>

> I got stuck here and could not go forward with the DP

> as it requires infocubes.Can any one please guide me

> on this..I installed the APO system and LC is up and

> active..shld I need to load any support packs after

> installing the system...Please help me on this

Hi ,

Can you pls elaborate your prob in more detail.

As I understand, from the data you have mentioned, I think you are using some wrong keyfigure(Numeric type) to hold the data which is not of numeric type or may be the key figure which is not active ...

Pls check ...

Regds --Digs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Digs,

The same procedure I followed to create and activate an infocube in another remote system I could do that...but I am failing in my system...Looks like some installation issue or like support pack issue..Is there any update we need to do to the APO system once it was installed and configured with live cache.

I mean is there any support packs we need to upload ...Please guide me from here..

Thanks

Surya.