cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal out without any action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

still working on my application, I came to a new issue.

I want to send some data from an iView to an other iView. For this I use Signal out and Signal in. But for use of Signal out, there has to be a Button with an action. Has somebody an idea how to send data without clicking this button? Any automatic, or maybe concted to a timer?

Thanks in Advance

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marucs,

I think it's only possible with a timer. Or how should the "signal out" know, when it should passes the data through to another iView?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

work with a Timer would be ok. I try to do this, but it doesn´t worked. Could you please explain me where I conect the timer and what action should I choose for the Button?

Thanks in Advance

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I don't know your exact model. You have a guard condition at the timer. Use this guard condition to start the event. Maybe after changing a value the guard condition becomes true and fire the event.

Best regards,

marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

sorry but I don´t get what you mean.

Maybe I try to explain my model, to make clear what I want to do.

I just have an API for BP Search. this will get some Inputs like Name, DoB etc. The Output will be a Result Table. To get the results I normally had to enter the input data an then push the "Submit" Button.

I get the Input data from an other part of the model, and what I want is, that the Search API starts without forcing me to push the "Submit" Button.

I don´t understand where I should place the timer, it is not posible to conect it to the Input Form. And what should I enter in the guard condition?

Thanks for your Help.

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

if I understand you, you want to submit form data to the BAPI after input without clicking a button. I think this is not possible. A timer is also no solution, because the event can start before, after or while you inserting data. Which reason vote against a submit button?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

right now it is geting a quit complex application, where the user had to run through several views. I want to minimized to action the customer had to do.

So you understand absolultley right what I what I want to do with the Input Form. What I forgot was, I don´t enter data in the Input Form. It expect two Inputfield, the first will come through an start signal in the inputform, and the second one is hardcoded in the inputform, so I guess I could be work with a timer. But don´t know how to conect the timer and what to do with the guard condition.

Thanks

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is no input necessary, why don't you put the two values in the startpoint and connect it direct with the next component?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cause I define one value in the Inputform as Defaultvalue. And I don´t know how to define a default value in a timer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marcel,

thanks. After playing a little bit around, it works the way you suggested. I just put the two values in the startpoint, where I defined one of the values as default.

Thanks

Marcus

Answers (0)