cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatted Content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a mechanism for including snippets of formatted content in a Web Dynpro application? For instance, say I wanted to insert a paragraph of text with some words <b>bolded</b> or <i>italicized</i>. I can't figure out a good way to do this in Web Dynpro.

The only thing I can think of is to use an IFrame and put the content outside of the app. That seems less than ideal since it wouldn't be as tightly integrated. (e.g., it might be hard to embed a link in the iframe content to call a Web Dynpro action, like a LinkToAction element).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

just check out this post,

How to display Long text information in my view?

In this post, u will get better idea of putting your content in the view. if you are not able to get it, just search in the forum with the key words "How to display Long text information in my view "

Hope it helps

bye

sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked out that thread, and it doesn't seem to address the formatting question. Am I missing something?

I'm not talking about overly long text; I simply want to do something like this:

Put some <b>bold words</b> in the middle of a sentence.

TextViews can't do that, can they?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

no, TextViews can't do that so far. A workaround (far from optimum) is to split the sentence into pieces and to use multiple textviews for them in a flow layout, for your example:

[Textview1, design=STANDARD:Put some ][Textview2, design=EMPHASIZED:<b>bold words</b> ][Textview3, design=STANDARD:in the middle of a sentence].

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Stefan. I had considered this, but it seems a bit cumbersome.

Furthermore, while this works for statically defined text (where you know which part should be bold), I'm thinking of scenarios in which this content comes from some business object and wouldn't have a known structure. For that, I'd need to parse it somehow to decide which pieces to make bold ... and it starts to get really hairy.

I think I'm going to head over to Armin's UI Element poll and suggest a FormattedTextView element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as i already said, far from optimum.

Voting for this feature is definitely a brilliant idea

Regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy, I'm just looking at this message and I have the same issue now. Have you found any ways of doing this?

Many thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Such a UI element (FormattedTextView) is still missing but already under development.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the fast reply. Do you have a date estimate of when such a UI element will be released?

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would guess after NW04s, but this is no official statement.

Armin