Hi, this can help in my requirement ?

/thread/270109 [original link is broken]

Thank you ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you decide to develop a new JEE 5 application fulfilling your requirements then the SAP NetWeaver Application Server, Java™ EE 5 Edition can be used to run it. However you will need to have at least some JEE and Java programming knowledge.

If you just want to have "some free or SAP Chat ... for Speak to the members the Cost Center in differents Country area", then you can look at the capabilities provided by the portal. The "SAP Chat" looks similar to the Real-Time Collaboration Instant Messaging. Please have a look at this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/98/16399d4bc942a8a1a4ca6027d1ef8a/frameset.htm">documentation</a>

If you post in the forums under the portal (Knowledge Management & Collaboration category), you will get a more expert opinion of how the portal can be used and customized.

If you decide to develop a new application, we will be happy to support you. Please post your comments and issues here.

HTH

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use the Planning(ex-BPS) in the SAP NetWeaver 2004s BI, i understand have AS JAVA or ABAP, we go install ABAP and JAVA versions.

So that is necesary Java EE 5 ?

Is not posible using AS Java inside Netweaver 2004s BI ?

So you send me for <b>Real-Time Collaboration Instant Messaging</b> info the

saphelp_erp2005vp, is not posible inside Portal or Collaboration ?

What happen showing video streaming for conference to the all cost center, from director the company ?

Thank you ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

> We use the Planning(ex-BPS) in the SAP NetWeaver

> 2004s BI, i understand have AS JAVA or ABAP, we go

> install ABAP and JAVA versions.

> So that is necesary Java EE 5 ?

>

> Is not posible using AS Java inside Netweaver 2004s

> BI ?

Netweaver 2004s supports J2EE 1.3.

For JEE 5 there is an application server available that can be downloaded from SDN, the focus of this release is to enable the development using Java EE 5 technologies. It is free for download and has 90 days license. You could use it for development of new applications that would run on the next major NetWeaver version. However, you would need to know some java basics if you want to develop application.

> So you send me for Real-Time Collaboration Instant

> Messaging ... is not posible inside Portal or

> Collaboration ?

As far as I know the mentioned functionality for instant messaging is part of the portal. You will get more expert advice in the portal forums. This forum is not so frequently visited by portal functionality experts.

Contacting appropriate SAP consultant about Netweaver functionality could help as well. I saw that you are from Chile, maybe there is some SAP sales contact person for Chile who will be able to meet with you and explain about the SAP solutions. Have you looked at : http://www.sap.com/chile/index.epx ?

> What happen showing video ... to the all cost center, from director the company ?

I am not quite sure I understand your requirement fully. You could potentially record the director speach in some format and upload it so that everyone from the cost center upon login in the portal could see it.

HTH

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter, yes i from Chile but now the proyect is in the Central America, not worry for that.

I think this version the JAVA is inside AS in NetWeaver 2004s, now know the real version.

So where i can get info the : <b>Next major NetWeaver version</b> ?

you speaking the Proyect Muse and Duet ?

I am begin 2001 in ABAP area, and 2002 go to BW 2.0c, so actually in 3.5 and BPS and SEM-CPM-MC.

I know VB.Net programing, php, and similar codes, Java i go will be study soon.

Now Netweaver 2004s BI integrate EP, Visual Composer(maybe using flex or not -> not have details ), new functions and concepts, SAP Adobe Sap Forms, etc.

Then i am need Jump to know the Integrated tools inside Netweaver 2004s BI.

For that try get more info.

You really help me, and sorry for my bad english, that will be better soon.

Thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

>So where i can get info the : Next major NetWeaver version ?

>you speaking the Proyect Muse and Duet ?

Project Muse is the next generation of the SAP GUI. DUET is a separate software solution from SAP and Microsoft.

If you are interested in these and other future SAP solutions, please have a look at <a href="/people/jennifer.lankheim/blog/2006/09/13/summary-of-shais-keynote-at-sap-teched-06-las-vegas blog</a>

HTH

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter, i get more info.

Very help me.

Answers (0)