cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am using NWDS sp 14 and the methods tab are completely gray and can't see the methods. what can i do. I already reinstalled it but still the same problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

May be the some plugin or its part is missing or become corrupted.

If you have another machine in your company running NWDS sp14 correctly copy the plugins folder from that machine. But remember to close the NWDS before that. Hope it works.

Else you have to upgrade only.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied the plug ins from a other PC but no sollution. still can't see the entered methods.

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try opening NWDS in new work space. You can use <b> - data "c:\workpsace" </b> option to open NWDS in new work space. Right click on NWDS short cut, in Target add the above command. If still doesnt work re install NWDS.

<b>-Abhilash</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Looks like you have to reinstall the NWDS again.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reintstalled it a couple of times, but not working. I reinstalled the java as well.

I can add a methjod, but can't see it... so if i need to adjust it i need to make a new WD. What can I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it also invisible in the source code? Or only in the method tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

only in tab, is NWDS ine way or another connected to the portal roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is connected to roles when you are using NWDI but not with regard to the method tab. Try to maximize the window with the tabs and see if you can see the methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the minimal roleset i need to have then

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two groups or roles : NWDI.Administrator en NWDI.Developer.

But this will not solve your method-tab-issue.

You need these roles if you want to develop or administrate in nwdi from within nwds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i reainstalled the java sdk and upgraded it, but this as well didn't fix it. sometimes it shows the methods but most of the times it doesn't. Are there maybe services missing or programs, dll's not running

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where you are not able see methods? In which perspective your working?

Can you try > SP14 and check if still you have that problem?

Regards

Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if you have checked Error Log view?

Go to Windows->Show View-> Other->PDE Runtime->Error Log.

Check is shown there when you try to switch to a particular tab.

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the log is not showing any errors. it is not always like that, most of the times it doesn't show it and sometimes it does.

Abhilash

what do you mean?

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Is the problem with some particular controller only or common to all ?

Regards,

Ashwani

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

You can export the error log to see with there was any error reported earlier but you are missing it currently.

Regards,

Ashwani

Message was edited by:

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

all components

Former Member
0 Kudos

org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader$DelegatingLoaderException: Attempt to load class "com.tssap.selena.model.ui.IElementWrapperConverter" from deactivated plug-in "com.tssap.selena.model.ui".

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.shouldLookForClass(PluginClassLoader.java:255)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.internalFindClassParentsSelf(PluginClassLoader.java:174)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.findClassParentsSelf(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:485)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:882)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.access$0(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:876)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader$DelegateLoader.loadClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:90)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.findClassPrerequisites(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:554)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:890)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:862)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

at com.sap.caf.designer.ProjectChangeListener.resourceChanged(ProjectChangeListener.java:44)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$1.run(NotificationManager.java:137)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1006)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:413)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:152)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.handleEvent(NotificationManager.java:113)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastEvent(Workspace.java:170)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.close(Workspace.java:290)

at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.shutdown(ResourcesPlugin.java:247)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginRegistry$2.run(PluginRegistry.java:295)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1006)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginRegistry$1.visit(PluginRegistry.java:308)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginRegistry.accept(PluginRegistry.java:58)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginRegistry.shutdownPlugins(PluginRegistry.java:311)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginRegistry.shutdown(PluginRegistry.java:277)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loaderShutdown(InternalPlatform.java:630)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.shutdown(InternalBootLoader.java:1008)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:863)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:286)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:795)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:602)