cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone explain me this process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have got one critical scenario...where..

i get four files(file can flat file or XML) as input......in the input directory in XI

when the first file comes into input directory..

<b>first file should be picked separately by XI ..</b>

when the second file comes into input directory

<b>second file also should be picked separately by XI ..</b>

but,

<b>when third file comes into the input directory...XI should wait for fourth file ...

and when the fourth file comes in ....it(fourth file) should be merged with third file and then pick it up...</b>

Can anyone elaborate with steps...

Cheesr,

Raghavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please donot use bpm.Instead write a small script that performs the desired functionality and use in OS comand parameeter.You have an option to set that files has to be picked up only when the OS command is successful.Check your file sender adapter configuration.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavesh,

You can have 2 different scenarios to deal this.

Scenario 1:

Use a file sender communication channel to pick the first two files(you have the option of using wild card char. or using exclusion properties). Do the processing, send it to receiver.

Scenario 2:

Use a BPM. Steps in the BPM would be

1. Fork with 2 branches. Each branch has a receive step( receive step recives 3rd and 4th file)

2. do the processing

The next step after fork will execute only after both the files are received.

Here you will need 2 communication channels ( you would require 2 outbound interfaces for this.)

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need 4 communication channel for each file one.

Channel 1 & 2 : Pick normally up an process the message.

Channel 3 & 4 : goes to a Business Process which only process the message when both message arrived the Process. Than you can merge and process.

So it will not merge before pickup .. you will pickup both and merge within the XI BP.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

thanks for ur answer...i almost got to ur point ..

but...still i didnt...

can u be still elaborate...

Cheers,

raghavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So as i understand you have 4 source messages and want to process 3 target message from XI (message 3. & 4.)

So for the first two .. Message 1. and 2. it will be no problem. Normall processing picking up the file and do what ever you want to do.

So difficult part is the 3. and 4. Message because you become 2 Files in .. but you want to process only one target Message.

For that case you can use a Business Process with 2 parallel waiting receive steps. This parallel Block will only execute if both message reach the process.

After this block you can merge the two message an process your 3. target message.

So you have to configur the message flow for each 4 source messages. 3. & 4. will go to the same Process. Here you have to use a correlation. Othervise the message go to different process instants.

I hope that was understandable.

Regards,

Robin