Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete an user without leaving user's data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody know how can I to delete a SAP user in order to delete anyone of its tracks???

My problem is this:

There is an user who has something different from the others and it causes that he is not equal to the others.

So I thought that erasing it by SU01 and returning to create it, like a copy of another user, this would be OK...

... but, it didn't work. SAP remembers him, and it inserts some data that the user had before being erased!

What tables I must watch to eliminate these tracks?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It's not possible to delete SAP User, and all of the data regarding this user, this data is stored in change document etc.. in a lot of different application tables and some of it is a crucial part of the audit trail. Further more there are a number of tables e.g. users_ssm etc where you can customize the system behavior based on user id.

In order to fix this issue you need to investigate the differences in detail, try to have a look at the personalization tab, and in the concrete application where encounter the problem, there might be some personalization data in there as well.

Regards

Morten Nielsen