cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Busines services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed some Business services in Dev system. While moving to QA, is it possible to assign a new name to the business service?

Thanks,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when u import in ur QA it should ask u.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Sravya.

Regards,

JaiShankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravya,

Can you pls clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Jai Shankar

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you are importing the configuration object it automatically asks for the new name for BS and also if u see file adapter configuration like directory will be erased.You have to create transport targets in SLD.

Transport one and check.You will know urself.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thannks Sravya. That is the info. I was searching for.

Thanks,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

The blog which u mentioned talks about the exporting and importing of the SLD which doesnät contain the Business Service. Usuallz we dont have an entry for the business services in the SLD. We r using CMS for transporting. when we transport anz configuration stuff and if the Target szstem doesnt exist, it simplz notifies the error but doesnt prompt u for creation of the target system there. how do u create a target szstem or service for a Business SErvice (DEVSERV) as QASSERV in QAS?

Any help wud b appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravya,

Can you pls clarify this... Normally for Bysiness Systems we specify the target system in SLD. That was the reason for my doubt. I plan to use file transport. While I import the objects into ID in QA server, will it ask me for target Business Service name?

Thanks,

Jai Shankar

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.You should be able to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sravya. Can you let me how to do this? Where shall I specify the name change? I searched in help.sap.com. I was unable to find it exactly. Can you point me to correct link?

Thanks,

Jai Shankar