cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete an user without leaving user's data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody know how can I to delete a SAP user in order to delete anyone of its tracks???

My problem is this:

There is an user who has something different from the others and it causes that he is not equal to the others.

So I thought that erasing it by SU01 and returning to create it, like a copy of another user, this would be OK...

... but, it didn't work. SAP remembers him, and it inserts some data that the user had before being erased!

What tables I must watch to eliminate these tracks?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I am sorry I did not get the lat line of your last post. Can you please explain.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Instead of use create option in SU01 use the copy option while creating the user again. Copy the user from the user whose authorizations you want to be same as this new user. This should solve the issue .Only thing is that you need to maintain the address data and password for the user.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all for your aid

Ruchit Khushu, also I have done it as user copy but I have he himself problem

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's quite a few tables that retain this data... I think they all start with ADR* - and possibly called shadow tables (although I am open to correction!)....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marc

Just a Suggestion, when you delete that user from SU01 i think there will a message someting like do you want to delete from mail user should be deleted too.

after that if you create a user with same name then there will be a message appear something like Old Sap office data found for this user name.Do you want to copy this data to the new user. If you select NO here then i think it will be a new user.

I m not sure this procedure is right or not but i think it is possible

Regards

Subhash