cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do we define receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a scenario...in which i have 5 receivers....

<b>where do we define receivers based on condition</b>.....i.e if the message has to be sent to the two receivers based on some condition...

is it in the receiver determination ...or interface determination...

<b>and also where do u define receivers in BPM...</b>and also plz let me know...in which case BPM can be used ...

<b>plz dont say me splitting and merging of messages....even these can be done without BPM ALSO right...</b>

Cheers,

raghavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where do we define receivers based on condition.?

It should be in receiver determination.

Where can BPM Used ?

e.g you are reading a flat file and the records in file stores different information for single customer so to create one customer you will use 3 record of file.

As XI messages are stateless you need BPM so that you can use all 3 recored relate them and create one customer out of them

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuhin ,

thanks for ur quick response..

I didnt get the BPM scenario ..can u plz elaborate it...

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavesh ,

The requirement was like we need to create customer in SAP.If you have all the details of customer like address,sales ,banking in one record of file ,it is simple just read the file and do the mapping with IDOC straight forward File to IDOC scenario.

Now the problem is address details ,sales details and banking details are as 3 different record in file and all three records have common id to . So to create customer record using these 3 record you need bpm.

I hope I made it clear.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>In the receiver determination, you can define the condition-

You can send the data into multiple recievers using conditional receiver determination. for this go thru these-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/content.htm

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

<i>

where do u define receivers in BPM...</i>

>>>In the receiver determination step- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/14/d5283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>><i>in which case BPM can be used ...</i>

BPM can be used for communication between Synchronous and asynchronous system...

To trigger alerts/exceptions/cancel the process

To get data from multiple senders...

Regards,

Uma