cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration VC 6.0 models to VC 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have several models modeled in VC 6.0 and running on EP 6.0. Now we are upgrading to NW2004s and i tried to migrate the VC Models to the VC on that EP instance via exporting a file in VC 6.0 and importing them in VC 7.0 on the new EP instance.

When doing this i get the following error: "Import Failed: This rule is not supported.(#A..."

When I try to deploy my model to the new portalserver from VC 6.0 i get an error saying:

"Portal Connector: Fetch error: A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found, line 4"

My Question is: Is there a possibilty to migrate my VC-models/VC-application from EP 6 to the new 2004s Portal - or do i have remodel them in VC 7

THX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the Visual Composer FAQ:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/UpgradingaVisualComposermodel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi & thx for the answer,

but i could not solve my problem.

I did what you suggested (at least what I guess you did) under https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/upgradingaVisualComposermodel&

: depolyed the my VC6 model to my old portal fetched the par file and deployed it on the 2004s Portal - but the IView just showed an empty page insted of the controls of the model.

I also tried to do it via a transport-package - same result!

I can only deploy to EP / HTMLB For Business - i think on the Wiki page you say that this does not work - but as this is my only possibilty i wonder how i should deploy it or what I can do to get another way of deploment out of VC6?

As far as I understand i can only use this method as long as i do have a working EP 6 - after that I cant change my models any more ?

In the Wiki you write that there is no Translation Tool for the Downgrade - is there one for the Upgrade (Hope)?

THX a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I see. You need the VC 6.0 version with Flex. Only then you can move up (in a limited way). That version was available for a handful of pilot customers.

HTML/B is not supported anymore with VC 7.0.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see - is it possible to get that version somewhere ?

Or is "was" ment literaly (some Hope)?

How about the current version of VC and its future - will it be possible to upgrade the models in the future ?

THX

Answers (0)