cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SLD / SAP Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have NetWeaver '04 SR1 installation - J2EE engine only + DTR and CBS, patched to sp10 (NT/MaxDB platform). So, development platform only, without ABAP stack. I also setup SLD according to documentation. As I want to access BAPI's in our R/3 system landscape from WebDynpro application, I tried to install standalone SAP gateway on the same machine where J2EE is installed. After succesful installation of SAP gateway, my JC00 instance doesn't work anymore!

It looks like G00 overwrited startup parameters somewhere so JC00 is not starting any more. I see that NT service definition for SAPJ2E_00 is changed to point to 'START_G00_nw04test' in ..\sys\profile directory, and when I change it to START_JC00_nw04test in registry, nothing happens.

From architectural point, if I have R/3 4.6C on one system and standalone J2EE server with SLD on other, is it necessary to install standalone SAP Gateway, or I can use one installed at R/3 4.6C?

If I use the one installed on R/3, and in RZ70 enter input parameters from R/3 installation (host sap01pbf, service sapgw11), activate configuration and start data collection, I get following output with errors:

Execute program: SLDGWSRV

Execute program: SLDINSTSC

Execute program: SLDINSTSP

Execute program: SLDIPSERV

Execute program: SLDMSGSRV

Execute program: SLDDBSYS

Execute program: SLDAPPL_SERV

Execute program: SLDBCSYS

Execute program: SLDCLIENT

Execute program: SLDCOMPSYS

Execute program: SLDASSOC

Collection of SLD data finished

Data collected successfully

RFC data prepared

Used RFC destination: SLD_NUC

RFC call failed: program SLD_NUC not registered / CPI-C error CM_ALLOCATE_FAILURE_RETRY.

I hope I managed to describe problem(s) well, if you need and more info, I'm more that willing to provide it at ivan.belic(at)gbs-it.com

Thanx in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved:

- you don't need to have extra Gateway installed - it's enough to have one at R/3 side, so, after little messing with windows registry, I removed Gateway instance and got back JC00.

SLD RFC communication wasn't so easy:

-you need extra inputs in C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc (on standalone J2EE host!),

sapgw11 3311/tcp # sapgw<sysno> 33<sysno>/tcp

sapmsDV2 3611/tcp # sapms<sysid> 36<sysno>/tcp

- you need PUBLIC logon group on R/3 server, so you have to create it (SMLG transaction).

That's it! After that Data Supplier Bridge Administration from SLD and RZ70 from R/3 works.

See ya,

Ivan

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

what information should be entered into the CIM Client generation Screen