cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a comm channel with a soap adapter it has to be a service as oppose to the business system is that correct?

If this is the case can you define a business service in the SLD? How?

Also Reading the how to guide it mentions if the service is outside your landscape then you must use a proxy... Well I am only doing a test scenario to get a feel for Soap adapters so how do I bring the service into my kandscape?

Lastly Does there always need to be a response message with a SOAP scenario... My spec is to just send info to the webservice so The scenario doesn't need a response....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna.... You are always a great help....

One last thing... In the blog it mentions "because the webservice is not on the XI Server"

My question is in what instance would it be on the XI server? and then how would you put it there in the first place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also with regards to the blogs you gave me do I need to use an RFC... I have no ABAP experience :-)...

Could I simply configure a file adapeter to achieve the same reult...

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regd. WebService in XI server-

You can create a Java Application ,and you can expose it as a Webservice. Then this Webservice, you can regsiter it in the XI WebApplication Server(WAS).

for .e.g Create a Java Application Program , it does addition of 2 numbers. So 2 numbers are input. Expose this application as a Webservice and deploy it in the XI (WAS).. Then you can get related wsdl from the WAS server itself.

Regd RFC as a Sender, you can do a file>Xi>Webservice scenario,

Regards,

moorthy

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks thats the guide I have and am using... The problem is the WSDL was emailed to me and its a mock up so im not sure the Service really exists... is their away to test it anyway?

Or is there a way to practice Webservice scenarios anyway... Someone mentioned free available webservices... Which ones are there can you name any and how would I access them?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you go thru these blogs- you can test your scenario with the help of these webservices- this is free!!

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After giving name to business service,you have to give sender or receiver interface name for that service.

You can find out this option in sender or receiver tab of that service.

Then interface should point to the wsdl which is provided to you(You have to use external definitions to create interface from that wsdl).

Thus this service will send or receive data from that interface using wsdl.

If you have wsdl you can test your message from that wsdl(as it should be a web application so send data from that wsdl)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I am a little confused... one says response is mandatory and the other is saying its not... My scenario does not require one...

OK So in the ID when you right click --> new on business service it only requires a name... Can this be anything I want? And is this the only thing that needs to be configured for the service (Apart from comm channels etc)

Lastly I have the WSDL which I was given... but how do I set up the WSDL so I can actually test my scenario? So it is within the landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not mandatory to have a response.

You need to import the given wsdl into IR in external definitions tab.Use this to create message mappings, interface mappings etc. Then complete the configuration with SOAP adapter etc etc.

Regards,

P.Venkat

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>OK So in the ID when you right click --> new on business service it only requires a name... Can this be anything I want?</i>

>>yes..

<i> And is this the only thing that needs to be configured for the service (Apart from comm channels etc)</i>

>>>This is a Business Service from XI point of view.. But your application i.e Webservice should be available to start the work.. i,e you need to import the wsdl , and need to use that as a Message Structure for the receiver side.

Regd. Sync, it is not necessary to have all the webservices as a Synchronous.. It purely depends on the your application.this guide will help u

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a2202...

rdgs,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use soap adapter for business systems also.

YOu define business service in Integration directory only not in SLD.

You can develop webservice with your self only or use some freely available services from internet.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Business services are used when you dont know the sender's or receiver's exact landscape or they have just published their interfaces,at that time we can use business services so most of the time they are out of landscape.

Again in case of SOAP adapter we are calling web service of customer which is published by them,so we dont need business system we can use business service here.And we will provide sending or receiving interface to this bservice which will send or receive data to web service.

We can not create business service in SLD as they are out of our system ladscape,we have to create business service in ID.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of putting a business service in SLD. Even a business service is within your landscape. In the How to guide, they are specifying about any external system can be accessed using proxies.

SOAP is a sync scenario. So u will have to get a response message. I think the main use of SOAP adapter is to consume a Webservice and if we consume a service we need to take the response.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.Venkat

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Business Service in the Integration Directory . No need of any entry in the SLD, It will act as a Abstract business service.

As business system itself is a logical entity..

If you don't want a response, your webservice should not give the response. So it depends on the Webservice, which you are calling..

Rgds,

Moorthy