cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Notification for Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to be able to send e-mail's for notification to the approvers to approve the work item (contract, shopping cart) and to a group of people information mail once the work item (contract, shopping cart) is approved and PO is created and sent to the backend.

What is not clear to me is, do i need to use Alert and Event Management or it is only through the workflow. ( We have implemented n-step approval BADI for contract and SC) ?

thank you,

Can anyone help me on this issue because i am receiving mails that shouldnt be coming and dont receive the expected mail (Approve workitem)? And stuck in the workflows...

Thank you again,

Message was edited by:

Gaia K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaia,

There are two approaches.

You can schedule std. report RSWUWFMLEC to run at regular intervals. This report sends an email to the mail client of employees who have specified that their work items are to be forwarded there. The report creates an email for each work item that can be processed. (Program RSWUWFMLEC is used to send the email data to EBP. Then program RSCONN01 is used to send the email to external mail servers.)

OR you can add the send mail step in your n-step approval BADI. You have to format the text on your own using the data available in BUS2121.

Hope this helps,

SA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seyed,

I have the same problem but this time it will only alert to the approvers inbox when he the document has not been acted upon for a defined time frame. I think about deadline monitoring. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Cindy Sy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want work items to be forwarded to approvers you must also ensure that the attribute "Flag: Forward Work Item (FORWARD_WI)" is populated with an "X".

Deadline monitoring needs to be set up within the workflow itself. This would usually be entered in the 'Latest End" of the task definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

What Tcode can I see the Flag?

Just a dumb question. Since we do not have Sandbox client, and configuration of workflow is cross-client, what is the best practice to change the Latest End of the Workflow? Do u suggest I create a new version of wfl? or Copy to new wfl?

Thanks!

Cindy