cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Input Files using File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Experts,

Wanted to know how i could pick up two different XML files using the Sender file adapter, which i want to process in my scenario, need ur suggestions, i dont want to use BPM. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In file adapter we have "Additional Files" option.

Give your second file name in this option,you can enter many file names over here with comma separated.

Adapter will pick your file from the one you have entered in file name and also in additional file name.

Thanks.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using an ABAP proxy or java proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b><i>is there a reason that denies the use of two configuration channels? After all, the processings seems to be unrelated to each other.

Or is it crucial that both files are read in at the same time?</i></b>

Yes Dennis this is crucial as both these files need to picked up at the same time and needs to be written to the same reciever sys at the same time in a sequence.

Anil's answer on this helps me fine to pick up two files, however how would i process these two files in XI without a BPM.hope u guys could help me on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still the scenario it's not very clear.

Anyway, you can try to use the OS command after file processing in order to syncronize the processing with some trick (ex: after to pick up the first file, rename the second file).

At the same time the delivery of the files can be syncronized in the same way.

Regarding BPM, please read here

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm">Checklist: Making Correct Use of an Integration Process</a>

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thank you all for the responses,

infact i have two files A.xml and B.xml.

the Message types of these files are different

and in XI i want to take these two files in only one scenario and process them Independently (Mapping includes MDM conversion..etc for both seperately),so that Xi will output two different CSV files,

A.csv and B.csv.

hope you guys are clear,

Please let me know how would i go about polling for two files and and map them individually or use Multimap to produce two different output files.

ur inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

is there a reason that denies the use of two configuration channels? After all, the processings seems to be unrelated to each other.

Or is it crucial that both files are read in at the same time?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Configure two different Sender Adapters for two diff mssgs, both refering to the same location.

Give the following values for the File Access parameters

Adapter1(which is for A.csv):

FileName : A*

set the Advanced selection for the Source Indicator.

Specify an Exclusion mark : B*

Adapter2(which is for B.csv):

FileName : B*

set the Advanced selection for the Source Indicator.

Specify an Exclusion mark : A*

The Transport Protocol has to be NFS for this.

Hope this helps.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

plase specify what you mean exactly: in what the files differs ?

The name ?

The file structure?

The directory ?

The finale receiver ?

The codepage ?

This information will make more easy to give you the right help.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you use the "additional file" feature, you have to keep in mind that the additional file enters the Integration Engine as attachment of the primary file.

Modifying this attachment (or merging the two files) is difficult, as you can't use graphical mapping. Accessing the attachment with the other mapping techniques is often cumbersome as well.

With a BPM, you could use two sender communication channels and correlation, but this alternative seems to be no option for you.

Could you please tell us

1. whether or not the two files have the same message type,

2. which processing has to be performed afterwards and

3. where does it go to when it leaves the XI?

That would greatly help us.

Kind regards,

Dennis

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also take a look at this blog,

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

gothrough this link

reg.,

Yallabandi

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You use additional files option.see here.

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use regular expressions in your file name in the CC. If the file name satisfies with expression you have given in CC it will pick the file.

Regards,

Sudheer.