cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Activation with predecessors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had checked in my DC but failed to activate it as there was some build errors. When i created another activity for the same DC, fixed the issues and try to activate it it says "Activate it with predecessors". When I do it again it fails. Is there any way to bypass predecessors so that my recent activity gets activated. Whats the solution?

regards,

Sujesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to bypass predecessors.

Activate the activity with build errors and check the 'Activate even if build fails' checkbox. This forces an activation. Then activate the activity that fixes the build error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had tried that. but failed because my id doesnt have the privilage to do so. It says user doesn't have enough privilage to do so. Is this the only way we can do it?

regards,

Sujesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using forced activation should be governed by whoever is responsible for the build process. I would not allow it in general if I were managing the project.

As Pascal already wrote it is not possible to bypass predecessors. Doing so would usually be very inconsistent. E.g. if you create a new DC with one activity, then change something with a second activity: If you only want to activate the second change, which DC should CBS build?

I would assume that the build log shows another error than the first time and that the fix was either incomplete or introduced another problem. Just fix it with a third activity.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

So unless we forcibly activate the first activity,we may not be able to activate the second activity right? To activate the first activity forcibly i should have JDI_ADMIN provilage i suppose.

Pls correct me if i am wrong

regards,

Sujesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. But if your second activity (including the first as predecessor) could not be activated due to build errors you should create a third activity to fix the build problem and then activate that acitivity (including 1st&2nd as predecessors).

Force activating the first one would result in a broken DC on CBS. If your second activity resulted in a build error you could also force-activate that (still resulting in a broken DC) and you would still have to fix the problem in another activity. The only difference is that you get a broken DC in the build space. Without force activation the DC will only then be visible in the buildspace after the first successful build.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)