cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with tpz File

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am confused with importing of tpz files to the Repository. (stupid doubt)

i have the path of the import directory as : D:\usr\sap\X7A\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import.

but how do i get there and copy the file.

regards,

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you select a particular SWCV or Technical system or BS or Product in SLD you have an option above to export it.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please go through this Thread:

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the exported objects will store as tpz in export folder. If U want to import the tpzs to different server(like QA, Prod), U have 2 copy the files manually or using FTP U can place the files. If U R using windows OS, using remote desktop U can do with proper access rights. If U R using Unix OS, ask Ur Basis to transfer the tpzs to destination server. Using some batch script they can transfer Ur tpzs.

gothrough the blog by sravya:

<a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi of Transition from Dev to QA in XI</a>

reg.,

Yallabandi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is path of application server where your sap xi is installed and running.

So if you have access to system login and paste the .tpz file there.

Otherwise seek somebody's help .

Thanks,

Tuhin

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sita Rama raju,

you have to logon to the server and place the file over there...

You can get in touch with your Basis Consultant who will help you do this.

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file has to be copied on the server in that path. Go to that location and copy the file. If you export the file from the repository the same will be copied in D:\usr\sap\X7A\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\export this location. You need rights to access the server.I think you can contact your basis to do this job for you.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the path but where exactly do i need to enter this path to get into the folder

regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

either you can access thorugh windows remote desktop and login to server or go to start->run and type name or ip of your application server.But as far as i know this folders are not shared so better ask your basis guy.