cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCR workflow - HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing PCR Approval using adobe forms. Currently when we try to open the adobe form for Approval from the UWL we get the error(it actually displays with an information message symbol) "<b>HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read</b>" in an ITS screen. We found an exactly similar problem in the below link but unable to find a resolution from that.

The detailed information message displayed is as given below,

<b>

HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read

Message no. SWK045

Diagnosis

This work item is a link to a HTTP service. To start the service, a launch handler must be known to the SAP System.

However, the system could not find a launch handler.

System response

The workflow system cannot start execution of the work item.

Procedure

Contact your workflow administrator:

In Customizing you must maintain a launch handler for HTTP-supported dialog services.</b>

We use the standard task TS50000075 for PCR Approval

Can anyone help us on this?

Thanks,

Prasath N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

You're missing some simple one-off config for your workflow environment.

1. Transaction SICF - make sure the service "wshandler" is active and has appropriate user/password details in the logon section.

2. Transaction WF_HANDCUST - Generate the URL for the first two tabs, and test them. You should get a browser window opening and giving a successful test message.

Once you've done that your task should work fine.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for that reply.

I tried the transactions SICF and WF_HANDCUST.

1. In SICF under sap>bc>webflow-->wshandler when i double click on wshandler it shows that the service is active. But when i right click on the same and try to TEST it, i get an error

<b>Error in Web service execution

The launch handler was called with an incomplete parameter list </b>

I am not sure what this error means.

The configurations available in this service are as follows,

ICF path --> /default_host/sap/bc/webflow/

ICF Object --> wshandler

Decription --> English

Logon Procedure --> Standard

Security Requirements --> Standard

Basic Authentication --> Standard R/3 user

Anonymous logon data

client --> <empty>

user --> empty

password --> <empty-stillinitial>

Language --> <empty>

I am not clear what id and password should be maintained here. Can you please help us on this.

2. When i try to generate the URL in WF_HANDCUST and test them i get a success message.

<b>Handler test

Test successful

</b>

Thanks,

Prasath N

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

Yes that's correct you can't test the wshandler service directly - only through WF_HANDCUST. I assume you actually saved the generated handler in WF_HANDCUST - otherwise you'll just get the same error message that you reported at the start of the thread.

So did you go back and test your web service after that?

If you don't provide a user id and password to the wshandler service then it uses the current user/password to run the service.

So at this point either:

a) your web service should be working

b) you have an authorisation/login problem - i.e. either your current user needs to have the authorisation to execute the WF_HANDCUST urls,

or you need to populate the wshandler service with a generic userid and password that has sufficient authorisation to execute the WF_HANDCUST urls.

If its b) then if you take the WF_HANDCUST url and try and call it direct from the browser it should prompt you for a logon - and then just try using the logon of the appropriate user to see if there is an authorisation issue.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your replies.

I had actually made a much silly mistake. I haven't set the visualization parameters in Txn:SWFVISU. I have done that and informed my portal development team and everything seems ok now. Thanks a lot for your inputs.

I have a major problem with the PCR workflows for which i beleive BPM would be the right place. Below is the link for the same.

Please let me know if you have any inputs on this also.

Thanks,

Prasath N