cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERP version 4.6c.

I am trying to configure Address Management in SAP.

The purpose of using it is that when creating vendor/customer masters,

the addresses should be validated by Address management

(through USPS database which my company has procured).

While configuring City details in Address Management,

I have linked City with Zip Code. But I can't find a way

to link the Zip Code to the Street. Which is probably why I'm having the problem.

Problem: Is that, when I enter the State and City, I want the Zip Code

to be automatically populated. How do I achieve this?

Would appreciate your replies. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You stated that:

<i>Problem: Is that, when I enter the State and City, I want the Zip Code

to be automatically populated. How do I achieve this?</i>

I feel the solution to your problem can be achieved using a <b>qualified lookup table</b> and provide a link for it into the main table.

<i>Concept:</i>

A qualified lookup table is used when the value of one or more field is changing (Zip Code) depending upon the values of some other fields(City, State).

As per your requirement :

1.) Create a lookup table of type Lookup[Qualified Flat](muti-valued) having the following fields:-

State --> Non-qualifier

City --> Non-qualifier

Zip Code --> Qualifier

Qualifier --> field whose value is changing (DECIDED)

Non-qualifier --> field due to which value is changing (DECIDOR)

2.) Link this table to main table by inserting a field in the main table of type -Qualified Lookup.

3.) Initially you will have to populate values into the Lookup Qualified table; i.e. whenever you are creating Vendor/customer master (using Import Manager) you will first have to map State and City fields of your source to corr fields of your Qualified Lookup table(Destination Table: <Qualified Lookup Tb name>)and execute import.

4.) Thereafter map the Qualifier field (Zip code) to corr field of main table (Destination Table: <Main Tb name>). Also again map the non-qualifier (City n State) to corr fields of main table. Then right click on the Field Mapping pane - select<i> Create Compound field</i>. Map this compuond field with corr field (type Qualified lookup) on destination side. Execute Import.

I think this should solve your purpose.

Please let me know if this helped you solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Siddharth Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your answer. I made a mistake while typing the question.

Problem: Is that, when I enter the <i><b>Street</b></i> and City, I want the Zip Code

to be automatically populated. Not State and City.

But I guess the concept remains the same. I will definitely try this. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

The solution you mentioned, can not be applied in my case. This is because the adresses from the USPS data gets updated every month. Therefore, I can not take this path.

But thanks anyways! If you have more ideas let me know. I'm still stuck.

Regards.