cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service on J2EE Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my customer scenario I need to develop server service, which will be waiting for connection from another system. This service should have access to JNDI registry of J2EE application server.

One way is develop still running standalone java application and use JNDI objects through P4 port.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/14/8e633e0084e946e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Here</a> I have read about services, which are part of app. server and they can be managed by Visual Administrator. But then I realized that this way of development is not recommended and I haven't found alternative.

So can you give some suggestions about right way of developing still-running services, which are part of application server? I'm using NW 04 SP17.

Thanks for any answer.

Best Regards,

Juraj Sedik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try exploring the option of JMX services. They can be integrated with other services and as JMX says, they are more manageable and could be monitored through Visual Administrator.

To my knowledge most of the services that you see in VA are JMX services including JNDI and hence you should not have (many) problems.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check that option.

Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards,

Juraj Sedik