cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM 2.5 - Update Non local orders via MAM25_001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Since there's only possible in MAM25 standard to update local created orders(correct me if I'm wrong), I wonder if anyone have attempted a workaround for this.

What I want to do is simply to change the Service order longtext in the backend from MAM.

For local orders I simply edit via standard edit screen which uses MAM25_001 and child segment 060 for this. I attempted a quick and dirty fix and bypassed the Edit mode checks in order_detail.jsp but that didn't work of course.

Could someone please point me on the right correction here!

Best Regards!

Mikael

Ps And I will attend a MI class soon! Ok! Ds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

You are in the right direction considering changes on the frontend. To allow user to change global order on the device you need to remove the check for local/global order.

But... when you sync a local order to the backend MAM25_001_create BAPI is called and saves a long text for your new order.

When global order is synchronised to the backend MAM25_001_change is called. This BAPI has to support change you want to do.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Larissa

I don't think the text is changeable even in application. Opps!!

So if define some custom fields(or use some unused fields perhaps) for my text described in the enhancement guide and implement the appropriate BADIs the bypass trick could work you mean? The change bapi will be called even for global orders during sync?

Unfortunately I can't test this until the end of next week when I'm at my client site.

Best regards!

Mikael

Message was edited by:

Mikael Björndahl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

Long text can not be changed for global order in standard MAM. According to the documentation "The following header data can be changed: short text, start date, end date, Functional Location and equipment" in global order edit chapter.

The reason for this: not supported by the standard BAPI.

You can use the standard long text table al long as you enhance BAPI and backend can handle it.

And when we talk about BAPIs: CREATE is called when local order is uploaded from the device and CHANGE - when global order is changed on the device.

Regards,

Larissa

Answers (0)