cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to speicfy the Oracle SQL type VARCHAR2 in XI data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to execute an Oracle stored procedure from XI which has parameters of type VARCHAR2. How to specify these data types in data type in XI?

I am getting the below message when I execute the stored procedure from XI with data types CHAR/VARCHAR.

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'TEST_PACKAGE.MAIN ' (structure 'statement'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'MAIN' ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Please let me know.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For stored procedure, all the parameters (IN and OUT) need to pass, even though there is no values mapped to the OUT parameters.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kalyan,

make sure that you have assigned the TYPE attribute to your field in the datatype.

I think the problem is not bevuase of VARVCHAR issue, but because of the wrong number of attributes.

<i>wrong number or types of arguments in call</i>

Also, make sure that the argument passed is in CAPTIALS as VARHCAR.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have figured it out. I am passing only 1 parameter which is INPUT. But the stored procedure has to get all the parameters included the OUTPUT parameters.

Thanks much for your post. I appreciate your help in all my JDBC questions.

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalyan,

i am also facing a similar issue. the oracle stored procedure has three parameters i.e, two input paramters and 1 output paramter.

I am passing all the parameters in the target structure, but i still get the same error.

i have use isInput = "true" for two of the input paramters and isOutput = "true" for my output paramter. For the output parameter, I am sending it blank.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can define string type for varchar2, i think you'd better checking number of arguments, something like that.

thanks

venjamin