cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon refused license has expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We had a QAS system that was also a domain controller. I demoted this server and since then when you logon to the Playground you get the following error:

Logon refused (license has expired)

RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

I also logged on as SAP* and ran SLIC to try and reinstall our license key but did not work. I ran SAPLICENSE - temp and got another error:

Can not set DbSl trace function

DbSlControl (DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20

error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> <e.g. ora>

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> <e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run>

Thank you so much for any input to this situation,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The biggest problem cause by DC demoting will be follows:

A Domain Controler has not local security context - it only knows the domain.

At the moment you are demoting a domain controler you will loose every local usergroup (which is handeled as a domain local group on a domain controller) and get back to computer local groups.

But no domain local group will be migrate to a computer local group during this process.

As a lot of security settings within an SAP installlation (some SAP groups and ALL Oracle relevant operatings system groups) will now be missed.

Furtheron hardware keys on which the SAPlicense is based on may have changed.

in other words: it is homogeniouis system copy time....

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We will be moving to a new server anyway so I will need to get a new hardware key and license. The current QAS server was licensed and not running on a temp license. So, my thoughts were to install a temp license or whatever it takes to get this back up and then after moving to the new hardware I could then issue a new key. Is there a way to install a temp license another way or a way to fix the above problem so I can at least get a temp license installed?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think it licence expiration of DB.

are you using DB6?

or

i think Environmental variables are missing...

try to concentrate on this area too.

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for some missing info.

We have Windows 2000 and SQL 2000. The license error is related to SAP from what I can tell...basically something broke after demoting server and needs to be linked back in place. If anyone has any info to where the locations of the license info is (such as windows registry keys, etc.) that would be great!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is ur QAS running before on temporary license ?

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it was running on a regular license before this happened...

Thanks,

Jsaon