cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

action

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

wht is the use of 'ACTION' in real time scenerio. and how should do we that ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario Guide to Integration scenario</a>

reg.,

Yallabandi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Integration scenario actions are used for Message/process flow. Actions are defined in swimlines. Actions in different swimline(Application Components) exchange data with in /out side of the component.

Ex: IDoc-JDBC scenario: receiving IDoc from source system is 1 action. Mapping IDoc-JDBC is another action. Sending message as BD table entry to target is another action. These 3 actions fulfill the Integration scenario steps.

This is rough idea, go through the SAP Docs.

best exmple:

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi Integration Scenario’s in XI</a>

reg.,

Yallabandi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj

Pls look at this thread

and also this blog

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

ACTION is an attribute to call the Database using JDBC adapter.. some of the values of Action attribute are Select(to fetch the data), update(to update the table), Insert(to insert a new row) etc.,

hope this clarifies

Thanks -GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sreenivas,

thanx for reply , i am referring to "action" which is there in integration repository .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Do u have the demo examples in ur XI system, just go through the actions in the demo examples. U will understand.

Go to the <b>Integration Scenarios</b> node above the <b>actions</b> node, while defining the <b>Integration Scenarios</b>, we define the <b>actions</b>.

They are defined to have better understanding of the particular scenario.

Also go through the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/68/88a440df800160e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

If u do have any questions, just post them

-Naveen.

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

This kind of posts will not get u any answers. Pleaes be more descriptive.

There is an ACTION when using JDBC adapter, r u referring to that?

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naveen

i mean the ACTION which is there in IR ,in IR u will have "ACTION" before integration process,i dont know the exactly wat is the use of it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naveen

i mean the ACTION which is there in IR ,in IR u will have "ACTION" before integration process,i dont know the exactly wat is the use of it..

Message was edited by:

raj kumar