cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform: page break in table node

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a frequent issue and I am sorry to add to the mix but I have tried everything suggested and still no luck. We are on 46c. I need to perform a page break while reading thru my table when a change occurs. Seems simple enough and i am probably missing something very obvious but am out of ideas. My form has only one page, 'First Page'. I have declared a section, and within this section a table node and a control level event declared in sort criteria. I have tried a command node after the 'event on sort begin' added 'First page' in the goto new page box. When i run the form I get the error that 'no explicit page break possible in tables'. I have tried this at 'event on sort end' , same error. I then tried adding program code with the stmt new-page right after the 'event on sort begin' and nothing happens. no error no page break. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lynn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynn,

1. Page break (Using the Command Node) is not possible inside a table. Alternatively you can use a LOOP node instead of a table node and introudce a COMMAND node for a page break.

2. Don't use SECTIONS as these have have been discontinued in the higher versions. So, whenever a upgrade happens the smart form will require change as the SECTION will not work.

Regards,

Ravi

Note - Please mark all the helpful answers

Answers (0)